Clinical Applications of Pathophysiology An Evidence-Based ApproachEdition 3
- EUR: €43.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Consistent presentation of each disease includes definition, epidemiology, pathophysiology, patient presentation (history, symptoms, and examination), differential diagnosis, keys to assessment, and keys to management.
- Algorithms are used to illustrate the sequential action of disease processes.
- Unique! Clinical link diagrams for each disorder clearly illustrate how pathophysiologic concepts play a role in patient care.
- Unique! Critical thinking questions in a fill-in-the-blank format in included for every case study to promote continual clinical reasoning based on the available data.
- Case studies give students the history, physical examination, lab and diagnostic test results, and course of treatment for a hypothetical patient.
- Up-to-date bibliographies provide reading lists of the most important and current research published on each disease.
- Perforated pages allow students to fill out the answer spaces in the case studies and turn them in to their instructors for evaluation.
- Suggested answers with rationales to case study questions are available to instructors who require the book, to facilitate the use of the cases as class assignments.
- Table of laboratory test values for quick reference.
2. Dyslipidemia and Atherosclerosis
3. Ischemic Heart Disease
4. Congestive Heart Failure
Unit II THE PULMONARY SYSTEM
6. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Unit III CANCER
8. Lung Cancer
9. Breast Cancer
10. Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma
Unit IV THE ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
11. Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Unit V THE HEMATOLOGIC SYSTEM
13. Bleeding Disorders
Unit VI THE RENAL SYSTEM
14. Urinary Tract Infection
Unit VII THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
15. Peptic Ulcer Disease
16. Hepatitis B and C
17. Alcoholic Cirrhosis and Portal Hypertension
Unit VIII THE NEUROLOGIC SYSTEM
20. Alzheimer Disease
22. Acute Bacterial Meningitis
Unit IX THE MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM
23. Menopausal Osteoporosis
Unit X THE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
25. Alterations During Menopause
Unit XI THE IMMUNOLOGIC SYSTEM
26. Allergic Rhinitis
27. Human Immunodeficiency Virus Disease
978-1-4377-0825-7, Silvestri: Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 5e, Oct-2010
978-0-323-08643-1, Skidmore-Roth: Mosby’s Drug Guide for Nursing Students, 10e, Jul-2012
0-323-03507-8, 978-0-323-03507-1, McCance & Huether: Pathophysiology, The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 5e, Nov-2005