ReadyRN Handbook for Disaster Nursing and Emergency PreparednessEdition 2
- EUR: €42.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Provides the need-to-know information on emerging infectious diseases, such as Swine Flu, including:
- Distinguishing Pandemic Influenza from annual seasonal influenza.
- Assessing and managing patients with quarantinable infectous diseases.
- Preventing further transmission.
- Critical Info feature highlights the most important points from each chapter.Assessment illustrations show characteristic symptoms and make it easy to identify signs of illness quickly.
- Icons alert you to important information to consider before approaching a patient, including personal risk, contagion, and reporting obligations.
- Color-coded sections and coordinated thumb tabs make it easy to find important information at a glance.
- Chapter outlines provide page references for each major section within the chapter.
- Glossary and Acronyms section includes the most commonly used acronyms and terms you’ll need in emergency situations.
- Family Disaster Plan appendix offers vital information on creating a personal disaster plan, and Family Risk icons alert you to dangers that may be carried to your family.
- Contacts appendix provides federal agency contact information, as well as space for you to fill in local emergency contacts for increased efficiency in a disaster.
1. Disaster Management
Part 2 Natural and Public Health Disasters
2. Weather-Related and Environmental Disasters
3. Public Health Emergencies
4. Emerging Infectious Diseases
Part 3 Weaponry and Human-Caused Disasters
5. Chemical Emergencies
6. Biological Agents
7. Radiological and Nuclear Disasters
8. Explosives / Mass Casualty Events
Part 4 Priorities in Disaster Site Management
9. Personal Protective Equipment
Part 5 Clinical Management
12. Burn Management
13. Victim Assessment and Management
14. On-Scene Management
15. Psychological Considerations
16. Disaster Settings
17. Mass Immunization Clinics
18. Legal Implications
Appendices: Customizable References and Information
A. Family Disaster Plan
B. Contacts: Local and State Public Health Information
Glossary of Terms and Acronyms
978-1-4377-0825-7, Silvestri: Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 5e, Oct-2010
978-0-323-08643-1, Skidmore-Roth: Mosby’s Drug Guide for Nursing Students, 10e, Jul-2012