Get immediate access to a digital review copy
The print book is not currently available.
Responding to current trends in anatomy curricula, this innovative new resource covers surface and radiologi¬cal anatomy and cutaneous and muscular innervations as well as gross anatomy. Outstandingly realistic three-dimensional photographs and illustrations, plus a consistent chapter organization, summary tables, and other user-friendly features, enhance readers' mastery of essential information. It provides students with a unique resource for use before, during and after lab work, in preparation for examinations, and later on as a primer for clinical work.
- Get a clear understanding of surface, gross, and radiologic anatomy with a resource that’s great for use before, during, and after lab work, in preparation for examinations, and later on as a primer for clinical work.
- Learn as intuitively as possible with large, full-page photos for effortless comprehension. No more confusion and peering at small, closely cropped pictures!
- Easily distinguish highlighted structures from the background in each dissection with the aid of digitally color-enhanced images.
- See structures the way they present in the anatomy lab with specially commissioned dissections, all done using freshly dissected cadavers prepared using low-alcohol fixative.
- Bridge the gap between gross anatomy and clinical practice with clinical correlations throughout.
- Master anatomy efficiently with one text covering all you need to know, from surface to radiologic anatomy, that’s ideal for shortened anatomy courses.
- Review key structures quickly thanks to detailed dissection headings and unique icon navigation.
- Access the full text and self assessment questions at studentconsult.com.
UNIT 1: HEAD & NECK
2. Introduction to Head and Neck
4. Scalp and Face
5. Parotid, Temporal and Pterygopalatine Regions
9. Oral Region
10. Pharynx and Larynx
11. Submental Region
12. Anterior Triangle
13. Posterior Triangle/Deep Neck
UNIT 2: UPPER LIMB
14. Introduction to the Upper Limb
15. Breast and Pectoral Regions
16. Axilla/Brachial Plexus
17. Scapular Region
18. Shoulder Complex
20. Elbow Joint/Cubital Fossa
21. Anterior Forearm
22. Posterior Forearm
23. Wrist and Hand Joints
24. Hand Muscles
UNIT 3: TRUNK
25. Introduction to Trunk
26. Vertebral Column
27. Suboccipital Region
28. Back Muscles
29. Chest Wall and Mediastinum
32. Diaphragm/Posterior Abdominal Wall
33. Abdominal Organs
34. Gastrointestinal Tract
35. Anterolateral Abdominal Wall/Inguinal Region
36. Pelvic Girdle
37. Pelvic Viscera - Male and Female
UNIT 4: THE LOWER LIMB
39. Introduction to the Lower Limb
40. Anteromedial Thigh
41. Hip Joint
42. Gluteal Region/Posterior Thigh
43. Knee Joint and Popliteal Fossa
44. Anterolateral Leg
45. Posterior Leg
46. Ankle and Foot Joints
0-7234-3451-4, 978-0-7234-3451-1, Gosling, Harris, Humpherson, Whitmore & Willan: Human Anatomy, Color Atlas and Textbook, With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 5e, Sep-2008