Handbook of Veterinary Anesthesia Edition 5
- EUR: €60.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
- User-friendly format provides instant access to vital information on anesthetic procedures and techniques for dogs, cats, horses, ruminants, camelids, pigs, birds, and other exotic pets.
- Thoroughly UPDATED topics include patient evaluation, patient preparation methods, safe and effective operation of anesthetic equipment, and chemical restraint procedures.
- Respected authors are recognized as experts in the field of veterinary anesthesia.
- Over 100 tables, boxes, and graphs summarize anesthetic protocols and clinical applications, including dosages, advantages, and disadvantages of each drug.
- Also available on Pageburst — a fully searchable digital text platform that makes it easy to quickly find key topics and drug information. Sold separately.
- UPDATED anesthetic drug information and NEW pain management techniques provide the latest on indications, toxicities, and recommended dosages.
- EXPANDED step-by-step overviews of anesthetic and analgesic techniques make it easier to review and perform procedures.
- UPDATED coverage of euthanasia, including the most current AVMA guidelines, provides today’s accepted protocols for the provision of euthanasia.
- UPDATED complementary and alternative strategies provide non-pharmacologic interventions for pain management.
- UPDATED research findings and clinical applications address special anesthetic considerations necessary in cats.
1. Introduction to Anesthesia
2. Patient Evaluation and Preparation
3. Drugs Used for Preanesthetic Medication
4. Local Anesthetic Drugs and Techniques
5. Local Anesthesia in Ruminants and Pigs
6. Local Anesthesia in Horses
7. Local Anesthesia in Dogs and Cats
8. Specific Intravenous Anesthetic Drugs
9. Inhalation Anesthesia
10. Pharmacology of Inhalation Anesthetic Drugs
11. Neuromuscular Blocking Agents
12. Anesthetic Toxicity, Oxygen Toxicity, and Drug Interactions
13. Anesthetic Machines and Breathing Systems
14. Ventilation and Mechanical Assist Devices
15. Patient Monitoring During Anesthesia
16. Acid-Base Balance and Blood Gases
18. Acupuncture Analgesia
19. Anesthetic Procedures and Techniques in Dogs
20. Anesthetic Procedures and Techniques in Cats
21. Anesthetic Procedures and Techniques in Horses
22. Anesthetic Procedures and Techniques in Ruminants
23. Anesthetic Procedures and Techniques in Pigs
24. Anesthesia for Caesarean Section
25. Anesthetic Procedures in Exotic Animals
26. Fluid Administration During Anesthesia
28. Respiratory Emergencies
29. Cardiac Emergencies
Appendix I: Partial Listing of Commonly Used Drugs, Anesthetic and Monitoring Equipment, and Their Manufacturers
Appendix II: Physical Principles of Anesthesia
Appendix III: Drug Schedules
Appendix IV: Guiding Principles for Research Involving Animals and Human Beings
"If you like lists and lots of them, you will find this new edition of the Handbook of Veterinary Anaesthesia a useful text. It is a comprehensive reference guide to virtually everything 'anaesthsia', with short chapters that allow the reader to locate the required information...It is suitable for those at undergraduate level and general practitioners, as well as those with more of an interest in anaesthesia."
Veterinary Record, May 2013