Get more practice with essential dental office skills! Corresponding to the chapters in Practice Management for the Dental Team, 7th Edition, by Betty Ladley Finkbeiner, CDA Emeritus, BS, MS, and Charles Allan Finkbeiner, BS, MS, this workbook includes an EagleSoft practice management CD-ROM. Interactive exercises help you gain realistic office experience, from learning the technology to managing patient information to completing financial procedures. The workbook also includes summaries of textbook content, learning objectives, practice questions, critical thinking exercises, and online assignments. With these valuable resources, you'll learn to perform all dental office functions!
- Correlating chapters between the workbook and textbook allow you to follow along every step of the way to ensure comprehension.
- Case scenarios with questions help you apply the concepts you’ve learned to provide solutions to everyday office dilemmas.
- Hundreds of review questions include multiple-choice, short-answer, matching, true-false, and fill-in-the-blank items to help you practice for examinations.
- Chapter overviews recap chapter content and set the stage for workbook questions and exercises.
- Learning objectives in each workbook chapter serve as checkpoints for comprehension, skills mastery, and study tools in preparation for examinations.
- Trusted authorship from Betty Finkbeiner and a team of contributors lends years of experience as in practice and education, ensuring that you are learning the best information from the best experts.
- NEW! EagleSoft Version 17 practice management software and technical support from parent company Patterson Dental provide an easy-to-use simulated office environment.
- UNIQUE! Original practice exercises give you realistic experience working with the EagleSoft program to better prepare you for office life.
- NEW and UPDATED! Electronic health record (EHR) content addresses the changes in technology related to the paperless dental office to help you become compliant with 2014 EHR federal mandates.
- NEW! Artwork focuses on the office transition to paperless dentistry.
- NEW! Practice quizzes for each chapter on the Evolve website help you test comprehension and prepare for exams.
1. The Business of Dentistry
2. Dental Team Management
3. Patient Management
4. Legal and Ethical Issues in the Dental Business Office
5. Technology in the Business Office
6. Office Design and Equipment Placement
PART II: COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT
7. Working with Dental Office Documents
8. Business Record Storage
9. Written Communication
10. Electronic and Telecommunications
PART III: BUSINESS OFFICE SYSTEMS
11. Appointment Management Systems
12. Inventory Systems and Supply Ordering
13. Recall Systems
14. Dental Insurance
15. Financial Systems: Accounts Receivable
16. Other Financial Systems
17. Infection Control Systems
PART IV: THE DENTAL ASSISTANT IN THE WORKPLACE
18. Planning and Managing Your Career Path