Manual of Canine and Feline Cardiology Edition 5
- EUR: €104.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
- The latest coverage on common cardiovascular disorders and practical treatment methods addresses topics, such as: cardiac failure, cardiac arrhythmias, conduction disturbances, cardiopulmonary arrest, and more.
- Easy-to-follow organization separates content into three sections that build on each other — Section 1: Diagnosis of Heart Disease; Section 2: Cardiovascular Disease; Section 3: Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Extensive art program contains vivid illustrations, clinical photographs, and color Doppler images.
- Drug formulary appendix features a list of commonly used cardiopulmonary drugs, along with formulations, indications, and dosages (for both dogs and cats).
- Streamlined text, bullet points, and helpful boxes help to highlight the most important clinical content.
- Highlighted key points spotlight key information, diagnosis considerations, clinical tips and more.
- NEW! Genetic and Biomarker Testing of Cardiovascular Diseases chapter covers genetic testing for mutations associated with specific cardiac diseases and testing for circulating substances indicative of heart disease or injury.
- NEW! Nutrition and Cardiovascular Disease chapter focuses on the significant role nutrition can play in preventing or treating cardiac disease.
- NEW! Significantly revised Echocardiography chapter features the latest information on indications and the role of the electrocardiogram in clinical practice.
- NEW! All new doppler echocardiogram images in the Feline Cardiomyopathy chapter show the primary cardiomyopathies, including: severe hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, severe hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, severe dilated cardiomyopathy, severe endomyocardial fibrosis and restrictive cardiomyopathy, severe unclassified cardiomyopathy, and severe arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy.
- NEW! Section on hybrid cardiac procedures in the Cardiac Surgery chapter include image-guided catheter-based interventions with direct transcardiac (transatrial, transventricular, transapical) surgical approaches to the heart.
1. The History of Physical Examination
2. Radiology of the Heart
4. Echocardiography and Doppler Ultrasound
5. Special Diagnostic Techniques for Evaluation of Cardiac Disease
6. Laboratory Diagnosis of Cardiac Disease NEW!
Section 2: Cardiovascular Diseases
7. Acquired Valvular Disease
8. Canine Cardiomyopathy
9. Feline Cardiomyopathy
10. Cor Pulmonale & Pulmonary Thromboembolism
11. Canine and Feline Heartworm Disease
12. Cardiac Tumors and Pericardial Disease
13. Congenital Heart Disease
14. Cardiovascular Disorders in Systemic Diseases
15. Systemic Hypertension
Section 3: Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease
16. Pathophysiology and Therapy of Heart Failure
17. Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias and Conduction Disturbances
18. Cardiopulmonary Arrest and Resuscitation
19. Emergency Management and Critical Care
20. Anesthesia of the Cardiac Patient
21. Cardiac Surgery
22. Pacemaker Therapy
23. Nutrition and Cardiac Disease NEW!
1. Canine Breed Predilections for Heart Disease
2. Available Canine and Feline Genetic Tests for Breed-Specific Cardiac Disease NEW!
3. Breed-Specific Cardiac Conditions for Dogs and Cats NEW!
4. Genetic Testing Centers NEW!
5. Common Cardiovascular Drugs
6. New Guidelines for CPR NEW!
7. Echocardiographic Normals by Body Weight & Breed
8. Chief Classification System of Canine Congestive Heart Failure
- The European Journal of Companion Animal Practice, April 2009