Laboratory Manual for Physical Examination & Health Assessment Edition 7
- EUR: €37.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Reinforce your understanding of essential examination and assessment skills and with this lab manual companion to Carolyn Jarvis' Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 6th Edition. A wide variety of checklists, activities, and exercises challenge you to apply your knowledge and provide hands-on practice.
- A variety of learning activities test your understanding with multiple-choice, short answer, fill-in-the-blank, matching, and review questions.
- Clinical objectives for each chapter help you study more efficiently and effectively.
- Regional write-up sheets familiarize you with physical examination forms and offer practice in recording narrative accounts of patient history and examination findings.
- Anatomy labeling exercises offer additional practice with identifying key anatomy and physiology.
- Narrative summary forms reflect the charting format used for narrative accounts of health history and for physical examination findings.
- A comprehensive glossary provides fast, easy access to key terminology and definitions.
- Reading assignments help you review corresponding chapters in the textbook and include page references.
- Audio-visual assignments tie videos of specific examination procedures to practical applications in the lab.
- NEW NCLEX® exam-style review questions help to prepare you for the NCLEX exam.
- NEW evidence-based guidelines reflect a focus on conducting the most effective, qualitative exams.
- NEW content on the Electronic Health Record, charting, and narrative recording includes examples of how to document assessment findings.
2. Cultural Competence
3. The Interview
4. The Complete Health History
5. Mental Status Assessment
6. Substance Use Assessment
7. Domestic and Family Violence Assessment
8. Assessment Techniques and Safety in the Clinical Setting
9. General Survey, Measurements, Vital Signs
10. Pain Assessment: The Fifth Vital Sign
11. Nutritional Assessment
12. Skin, Hair, and Nails
13. Head, Face, and Neck, including Regional Lymphatics
16. Nose, Mouth, and Throat
17. Breasts and Regional Lymphatics
18. Thorax and Lungs
19. Heart and Neck Vessels
20. Peripheral Vascular System and Lymphatic System
22. Musculoskeletal System
23. Neurologic System
24. Male Genitourinary System
25. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
26. Female Genitourinary System
27. The Complete Health Assessment: Adult
28. The Complete Health Assessment: Infant, Young Child, and Adolescent
29. Bedside Assessment and Electronic Health Recording
30. The Pregnant Woman
31. Functional Assessment of the Older Adult