Get immediate access to a digital review copy
The print book is not currently available.
This essential study guide is thoroughly updated to reflect the refocused content of Nursing Research: Methods and Critical Appraisal for Evidence-Based Practice, 9th Edition. This chapter-by-chapter review offers a variety of innovative learning activities and multiple-choice questions to help strengthen your research application skills and prepare you for questions you will face on the NCLEX® Exam.
- Chapter-by-chapter review and application questions correspond to the LoBiondo-Wood & Haber textbook.
- NEW! Increased emphasis on multiple-choice questions helps you better prepare for standardized exams like the NCLEX® Exam and reduces "busy work."
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content reflects the content updates and emphases of the 9th edition of the LoBiondo-Wood & Haber main textbook.
PART I. OVERVIEW OF RESEARCH AND EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
1. Integrating Research, Evidence-Based Practice, and Quality Improvement Processes
2. Research Questions, Hypotheses, and Clinical Questions
3. Gathering and Appraising the Literature
4. Theoretical Frameworks for Research
PART II. PROCESSES AND EVIDENCE RELATED TO QUALITATIVE RESEARCH
5. Introduction to Qualitative Research
6. Qualitative Approaches to Research
7. Appraising Qualitative Research
PART III. PROCESSES AND EVIDENCE RELATED TO QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH
8. Introduction to Quantitative Research
9. Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Designs
10. Nonexperimental Designs
11. Systematic Reviews and Clinical Practice Guidelines
13. Legal and Ethical Issues
14. Data Collection Methods
15. Reliability and Validity
16. Data Analysis: Descriptive and Inferential Statistics
17. Understanding Research Findings
18. Appraising Quantitative Research
PART IV. APPLICATION OF RESEARCH: EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
19. Strategies and Tools for Developing an Evidence-Based Practice
20. Developing an Evidence-Based Practice
21. Quality Improvement