Cellular and Molecular Immunology Edition 9
- EUR: €70.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
The top required and recommended immunology text worldwide, Cellular and Molecular Immunology by Drs. Abul K. Abbas, Andrew H. H. Lichtman, and Shiv Pillai, is a clear, well-written, and superbly illustrated introduction to the field. The 9th Edition retains a practical, clinical focus while updating and revising all content to ensure clarity and comprehension, bringing readers fully up to date with new and emerging information in this challenging area.
- Highlights the implications of immunologic science for the management of human disease, emphasizing clinical relevance throughout.
- Provides a highly visual, full-color description of the key immunologic and molecular processes with a fully updated, comprehensive, and consistent art program.
- Helps readers grasp the details of experimental observations that form the basis for the science of immunology at the molecular, cellular, and whole-organism levels and draw the appropriate conclusions.
- Includes summary boxes that assist with rapid review and mastery of key material.
- Student Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references and animations, designed to produce a more rounded learning experience.
- Features updates from cover to cover, including tumor immunity (tumor antigens, cancer immunotherapy), immune checkpoints, cytosolic sensors for DNA, non-canonical inflammasomes, prionization as a signaling mechanism, monogenic defects in immunity, and more.
Chapter1 Properties and Overview of Immune Responses
Chapter2 Cells and Tissues of the Immune System
Chapter3 Leukocyte Circulation and Migration into Tissues
Chapter4 Innate Immunity
Chapter5 Antibodies and Antigens
Chapter6 Antigen Presentation to T Lymphocytes and the Functions of MHC Molecules
Chapter7 Immune Receptors and Signal Transduction
Chapter8 Lymphocyte Development and Antigen Receptor Gene Rearrangement
Chapter9 Activation of T Lymphocytes
Chapter 10 Differentiation and Functions of CD4+ Effector T Cells
Chapter 11 Differentiation and Functions of CD8+ Effector T Cells
Chapter 12 B Cell Activation and Antibody Production
Chapter 13 Effector Mechanisms of Humoral Immunity
Chapter 14 Specialized Immunity at Epithelial Barriers and in Immune Privileged Tissues
Chapter 15 Immunologic Tolerance and Autoimmunity
Chapter 16 Immunity to Microbes
Chapter 17 Transplantation Immunology
Chapter 18 Immunity to Tumors
Chapter 19 Hypersensitivity Disorders
Chapter 20 Allergy
Chapter 21 Congenital and Acquired Immunodeficiencies
Appendix I Glossary
Appendix II Cytokines
Appendix III Principle Features of Selected CD Molecules
Appendix IV Laboratory Techniques Commonly Used in Immunology
"This is one of the premier textbooks of immunology. It covers all aspects of immunology from the innate immune response to adaptive immunity, and their role in antimicrobial defense, autoimmunity, allergy, etc." Reviewed by Luis Sigal, DVM, PhD (Thomas Jefferson University)