Select nursing interventions with the book that standardizes nursing language! Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 7th Edition provides a research-based clinical tool to help you choose appropriate interventions. It standardizes and defines the knowledge base for nursing practice as it communicates the nature of nursing. More than 550 nursing interventions are described — from general practice to all specialty areas. From an expert author team led by Howard Butcher, this book is an ideal tool for practicing nurses and nursing students, educators seeking to enhance nursing curricula, and nursing administrators seeking to improve patient care. It’s the only comprehensive taxonomy of nursing-sensitive interventions available!
- More than 550 research-based nursing intervention labels are included, along with specific activities used to carry out interventions.
- Descriptions of each intervention include a definition, a list of activities, a publication facts line, and references.
- Specialty core interventions are provided for 53 specialties.
- NEW! 16 NEW interventions are added to this edition, including health coaching, phytotherapy, management of acute pain, and management of chronic pain.
- UPDATED! 95 interventions have been revised.
- NEW! Five label name changes are included.
Strengths of NIC
Recognition List, 7th Edition
Organizations that have Contributed to the Development of NIC
Definition of Terms
How to Find an Intervention
An Overview of the Nursing Interventions Classification
Taxonomy of Nursing Interventions
Core Interventions for Nursing Specialty Areas
Estimated Time and Education Level Necessary to Perform NIC Interventions
Appendix A: Interventions: New, Revised, and Retired Since 6th Edition
Appendix B: Guidelines for Submission of a New or Revised Intervention
Appendix C: Timeline and Highlights for NIC
Appendix D: Abbreviations
Appendix E: Previous Editions and Translations