Nutritional Foundations and Clinical Applications A Nursing ApproachEdition 7
- EUR: €68.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Focusing on nutrition and nutritional therapy from the nurses’ perspective, Nutritional Foundations and Clinical Applications: A Nursing Approach, 7th Edition takes a wellness approach based on health promotion and primary prevention It offers guidelines with a human, personal touch, using first-hand accounts to show how nutrition principles apply to patients in real-world practice. This new edition incorporates the most current guidelines and information on key nutrition topics throughout as well as expanded coverage on the role of inflammation in common disease. A favorite of nursing students and instructors, this leading nutrition text promotes healthy diets and shows how nutrition may be used in treating and controlling diseases and disorders.
- Personal Perspective boxes offer first-hand accounts of interactions with patients and their families, demonstrating the personal touch for which this book is known.
- Applying Content Knowledge and Critical Thinking/Clinical Applications case studies help you learn to apply nutrition principles to real-world practice situations.
- Social Issue boxes emphasize ethical, social, and community concerns on local, national international levels to reveal the various influences on health and wellness.
- Teaching Tool boxes include strategies for providing nutrition counseling to patients.
- Health Debate boxes prepare you for encountering differing opinions or controversies about food, nutrition, and health concerns.
- Key terms and a glossary make it easy to learn key vocabulary and concepts.
- NEW! Completely updated content throughout incorporates the latest dietary guidelines and most current information on topics such as good vs. bad fats, nutrition during pregnancy, microbiota/probiotics/prebiotics, and more.
- NEW! Cultural Diversity and Nutrition sections in each chapter highlight health issues and eating patterns related to specific ethnic groups to help you approach, interview, and assess patients from diverse populations.
- NEW! Enhanced coverage of health literacy equips you with strategies for enhancing patient education for those with low literacy skills.
- NEW! Additional Nursing Approach boxes analyze realistic nutrition case studies from the perspective of the nursing process.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of inflammation highlights its pivotal role in conditions such as obesity, cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
PART I: Wellness, Nutrition, and the Nursing Role
1. Wellness Nutrition
2. Personal and Community Nutrition
PART II: Nutrients, Food, and Health
3. Digestion, Absorption, and Metabolism
8. Water and Minerals
PART III: Health Promotion Through Nutrition and Nursing Practice
9. Energy, Weight and Fitness
10. Nutrition Across the Life Span
PART IV: Overview of Medical Nutrition Therapy
11. Nutrition Assessment and Patient Care
12. Food-Related Issues
13. Nutrition for Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract
14. Nutrition for Disorders of the Liver, Gallbladder, and Pancreas
15. Nutrition for Diabetes Mellitus
16. Nutrition in Metabolic Stress: Burns, Trauma, and Surgery
17. Nutrition for Cardiopulmonary Disease
18. Nutrition for Diseases of the Kidneys
19. Nutrition for Neuro-Psychiatric Disorders
20. Nutrition in Cancer and HIV-AIDS