Student Laboratory Manual for Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination An Interprofessional ApproachEdition 9
- EUR: €34.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Both a comprehensive lab manual and a practical workbook, the Student Laboratory Manual for Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination, 9h Edition, gives you the tools you need to master physical examination and health assessment skills. Corresponding to the Ball/Seidel textbook, this practical guide includes learning objectives, multiple-choice questions, terminology reviews, application activities, case studies, and critical thinking questions. The 9th edition has been thoroughly updated with an engaging interactive review at the beginning of each chapter and an enhanced emphasis on patient safety and healthcare quality, and clinical and diagnostic reasoning
- Multiple-choice questions mirror the questions formats of licensure exams for a variety of health disciplines.
- Terminology reviews and application activities increase your ability to comprehend the material through further reading and hands-on exercises.
- Case studies and critical thinking questions emphasize development of good communication skills, use of effective hands-on examination techniques, and reliance on clinical reasoning and clinical decision-making.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest research and evidence-based practice.
- NEW! Engaging, student-friendly Terminology Review Activities ensure mastery of the language of health assessment and physical examination.
- NEW! Enhanced emphasis on patient safety and healthcare quality with new Patient Safety Considerations equips you for safe clinical practice
- NEW! Enhanced emphasis on clinical reasoning fosters the development clinical judgment skills.
1. The History and Interviewing Process
2. Cultural Competency
3. Examination Techniques and Equipment
4. Taking the Next Steps: Clinical Reasoning
5. Recording Information
6. Vital Signs and Pain Assessment
7. Mental Status
8. Growth and Nutrition
9. Skin, Hair, and Nails
10. Lymphatic System
11. Head and Neck
13. Ears, Nose, and Throat
14. Chest and Lungs
16. Blood Vessels
17. Breasts and Axillae
19. Female Genitalia
20. Male Genitalia
21. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
22. Musculoskeletal System
23. Neurologic System
24. Sports Participation Evaluation
25. Putting It All Together
26. Emergency or Life-Threatening Situations
Student Performance Checklists