Basic Immunology Functions and Disorders of the Immune SystemEdition 6
- EUR: €53.99
The print book is not currently available.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Meticulously reviewed and updated for today’s medical students, Basic Immunology, 6th Edition, is a concise text expertly written by the same distinguished author team as the best-selling, comprehensive text, Cellular and Molecular Immunology. This focused, easy-to-understand volume uses full-color illustrations and clinical images, useful tables, and practical features such as Summary Point boxes, end-of-chapter review questions, glossary terms, and clinical cases—all designed to help students master this complex topic in the most efficient, effective manner possible.
- Emphasizes clinical aspects of immunology , including disease pathogenesis, the development of novel therapies based on basic science, and an appendix of clinical cases for real-world application.
- Provides top-notch instruction from experienced teachers, course directors, and lecturers led by well-known editor and author Dr. Abul Abbas.
- Features a highly readable writing style and practical organization, now with fully revised content and updated images to reflect recent important advances in today’s understanding of the immune system.
- Provides additional online features such as answers to in-book chapter review questions, helpful animations, and self-assessment questions.
- Presents information in a format and style that maximizes usefulness to students and teachers studying medicine, allied health fields, and biology.
- Contains numerous features designed to help students understand key immunologic concepts: high-quality illustrations, practical tables, chapter outlines, bolded key points, and focus questions in every chapter for self-assessment and review.
- Includes an Enhanced eBook version with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- 1 Introduction to the Immune System XXX
- Nomenclature, General Properties, and Components
- 2 Innate Immunity XXX
- The Early Defense Against Infections
- 3 Antigen Capture and Presentation to Lymphocytes XXX
- What Lymphocytes See
- 4 Antigen Recognition in the Adaptive Immune System XXX
- Structure of Lymphocyte Antigen Receptors and Development of Immune Repertoires
- 5 T Cell–Mediated Immunity XXX
- Activation of T Lymphocytes
- 6 Effector Mechanisms of T Cell–Mediated Immunity XXX
- Functions of T Cells in Host Defense
- 7 Humoral Immune Responses XXX
- Activation of B Lymphocytes and Production of Antibodies
- 8 Effector Mechanisms of Humoral Immunity XXX
- Elimination of Extracellular Microbes and Toxins
- 9 Immunological Tolerance and Autoimmunity XXX
- Self-Nonself Discrimination in the Immune System and Its Failure
- 10 Immune Responses Against Tumors and Transplants XXX
- Immunity to Noninfectious Transformed and Foreign Cells
- 11 Hypersensitivity XXX
- Disorders Caused by Immune Responses
- 12 Congenital and Acquired Immunodeficiencies XXX
- Diseases Caused by Defective Immunity
- Selected Readings XXX
- appendix I 275 Glossary
- Appendix II 303 Cytokines
- Appendix III 307 Principal Features of Selected CD Molecules
- APPENDIX IV 315 Clinical Cases
- Index XXX