Respiratory Physiology Mosby Physiology SeriesEdition 2
- EUR: €38.99
The print book is not currently available.
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Gain a foundational understanding of respiratory physiology and how the respiratory system functions in health and disease. Respiratory Physiology, a volume in the Mosby Physiology Series, explains the fundamentals of this complex subject in a clear and concise manner, while helping you bridge the gap between normal function and disease with pathophysiology content throughout the book.
- Helps you easily master the material in a systems-based curriculum with learning objectives, Clinical Concept boxes, highlighted key words and concepts, chapter summaries, self-study questions, and a comprehensive exam.
- Keeps you current with recent advances in respiratory physiology, and includes a new chapter on new and emerging aspects of the lung.
- Includes nearly 150 clear, 2-color diagrams that simplify complex concepts.
- Features clinical commentaries that show you how to apply what you've learned to real-life clinical situations.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Complete the Mosby Physiology Series! Systems-based and portable, these titles are ideal for integrated programs.
- Blaustein, Kao, & Matteson: Cellular Physiology and Neurophysiology
- Johnson: Gastrointestinal Physiology
- Koeppen & Stanton: Renal Physiology
- Pappano & Weir: Cardiovascular Physiology
- White, Harrison, & Mehlmann: Endocrine and Reproductive Physiology
- Hudnall: Hematology: A Pathophysiologic Approach
Chapter 1 Overview of the respiratory system: Function and Structure
Chapter 2 Mechanical Properties of the Lung and Chest Wall
Chapter 3 Dynamic Lung Mechanics
Chapter 4 Tests of Lung Function
Chapter 5 Alveolar Ventilation
Chapter 6 The Pulmonary Circulation
Chapter 7 Ventilation (V¿), Perfusion (Q¿) & Relationships
Chapter 8 Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Transport
Chapter 9 Pulmonary aspects of acid-base balance and arterial blood gas interpretation
Chapter 10 Control of Respiration
Chapter 11 Non-respiratory functions of the lung
Chapter 12 The lung under special circumstances
APPENDIX A ANSWERS TO SELF-STUDY PROBLEMS
APPENDIX B MULTIPLE-CHOICE EXAMINATION