This title is not available in digital formatRequest print copy
Once approved, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
Learn to read, write, and speak in medical terms in no time! Ideal for one-semester courses and self-study, Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 9th Edition covers disorders, diagnosis, and treatment with a strong focus on anatomy. This clear, concise text presents small bits of information followed immediately by a test for comprehension using a combination of programmed and traditional review questions. The ninth edition includes new medical reports with review exercises that are similar to those seen in the clinical setting, plus help from the companion Evolve site, Quick & Easy Medical Terminology gives you simple tools for good communication in the health care environment.
- Brief explanations and a focus on basic word-building skills make this text perfect for shorter, one- or two-credit medical terminology courses or self-study.
- Programmed learning improves your comprehension by offering immediate feedback.
- Review exercises integrated throughout lesson material enable you to test your knowledge and retention of material more frequently for quick reinforcement.
- Medical reports with review exercises allows you to study terminology in documents similar to those seen in the clinical setting — and practice using terms in real-life situations.
- Quick Tips located throughout the text provide fun facts and memory aids.
- NEW! Health care reports with review exercises allow study of terminology in documents similar to those seen in the clinical setting.
- NEW and UPDATED! Terms, definitions, and procedures keep you up-to-date with oncology terminology and healthcare advances.
- NEW! Photos and drawings illustrate difficult terms and procedures more clearly and consistently throughout the text.
- NEW! Fully accessible Evolve student assets include games, activities, audio, and more offer additional opportunities to quickly gauge strong and weak areas in a fun, interactive environment.
Part I: The Basics
1. Simplified Medical Language
2. Suffixes and Combining Forms Made Easy
3. Essential Prefixes and More
4. Diagnostic Procedures and Therapeutic Interventions
5. The Body as a Whole
Part II: Body Systems
6. Musculoskeletal System
7. Circulatory System
8. Respiratory System
9. Digestive System
10. Urinary System
11. Reproductive System
12. Integumentary System
13. Nervous System and Psychologic Disorders
14. Special Sensory Organs of the Peripheral Nervous System
15. Endocrine System
Part III: Appendixes
I. Medical Abbreviations
A. Abbreviations and Their Meanings
B. Finding Medical Abbreviations
II. Word Parts
A. Alphabetized Word Parts and Meanings
B. English Terms and Corresponding Word Parts