Learn how to communicate clearly and confidently with other members of the healthcare team! Mastering Healthcare Terminology, 6th Edition covers medical terms and definitions in small chunks of easy-to-follow learning segments that are followed immediately by exercises and review questions to reinforce your understanding. Organized by body systems, this worktext includes over 100 case studies and medical records with review questions. Also included are mobile-optimized quizzes and flash cards that make it easy to study terms anytime, anywhere. This popular introduction to medical language is perfect as a career refresher or college-level learning.
- Over 100 case studies and electronic medical records provide you with the opportunity to see terminology in use.
- A breakdown of A&P terms appears in page margins next to the related text, helping you learn and memorize word parts in context.
- Practice exams help prepare you for quizzes and tests.
- Answer key in back of the book is perforated for easy removal.
- NEW! Focus-On boxes in each chapter offer a complete picture of individual diseases and procedures.
- NEW! Fully accessible interactive games and activities offer you the ability to practice memorizing word parts and using medical terms in context.
- NEW! Terms and photos added to keep you up-to-date with advances in healthcare.
1. Introduction to Healthcare Terminology
2. Body Structure and Directional Terminology
Body System Terminology
3. Musculoskeletal System
4. Integumentary System
5. Gastrointestinal System
6. Urinary System
7. Male Reproductive System
8. Female Reproductive System and Pregnancy
9. Blood, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems
10. Cardiovascular System
11. Respiratory System
12. Nervous System
13. Eye and Ear
14. Endocrine System
15. Mental and Behavioral Health
A. Word Parts and Definitions
B. Definitions and Word Parts
D. English-to-Spanish Translation Guide: Key Medical Questions
Answers to Exercises