Get the science background you need to master massage therapy! Mosby’s Essential Sciences for Therapeutic Massage, 6th Edition provides full-color, easy-to-read coverage of anatomy and physiology, biomechanics, kinesiology, and pathologic conditions for the entire body. Realistic examples apply A&P content directly to the practice of massage therapy, and learning activities help you review key material and develop critical thinking skills. Written by noted massage therapy educators Sandy Fritz and Luke Allen Fritz, this guide provides a solid foundation in the sciences and positions you for success on licensing and certification exams.
- Coverage of essential sciences and practical application
- NEW! MBLEx preparation questions at the end of each chapter and additional questions on the Evolve companion website prepare you for the licensure examination.
- NEW! End-of-chapter case studies build your skills in critical thinking.
- UPDATED information provides the most current, accurate content to help you prepare for exams and practice.
- NEW! Expanded Evolve site provides content review and licensing exam preparation.
- UPDATED coverage of massage pathologies reflects what you will see in the field as a practitioner.
1. The Body as a Whole
2. Mechanisms of Health and Disease
3. Terminology: Scientific, Medical, Social, and Cultural Communications
Section II: Systems of Control
4. Nervous System Basics and the Central Nervous System
5. Peripheral Nervous System
6. Endocrine System
Section III: Kinesiology and Biomechanics
7. Skeletal System
10. Biomechanics Basics
Section IV: Remaining Body Systems
11. Integumentary, Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems
12. Respiratory, Digestive, Urinary, and Reproductive Systems
Appendix A: Muscle Quick Reference Guide
Appendix B: Diseases/Conditions and Indications/Contraindications for Massage Therapy
Appendix C: Clinical Reasoning Activities