Introduction to Radiologic Technology Edition 8
- EUR: €67.99
The print book is not currently available.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- A clear, easy-to-read style does not assume you have prior knowledge of the subject matter.
- Critical thinking skills are highlighted, with four important steps to take in assessing situations and making informed decisions.
- Guidelines for a solid radiography career foundation discuss customer service, ethics and professionalism, and professional organizations.
- Thorough introduction to radiologic technology includes a concise overview of what you can expect in your coursework.
- Cultural diversity coverage orients you to the challenge of dealing with patients from different cultures in the medical environment.
- NEW! Updated career advancement opportunities and newest medical terminology include just the right amount detail for new radiographers.
- NEW! Incorporation of SI units of measurement accurately depict current practice standards.
Part I: Becoming a Radiologic Technologist
1. Radiography Education: From Classroom to Clinic
2. Becoming an Outstanding Student
3. Evolution of Health Care Delivery
4. Radiology: A Historic Perspective
Part II: Practicing the Profession
5. Orientation to Patient Care
6. Providing Quality Patient Service
7. The Language of Medicine
8. The Technology of Medical Imaging
9. Imaging Examinations: Diagnosing Disease and Injury
10. Radiation Protection
11. Ethics, Professionalism, and Law in Radiologic Technology
12. Organization and Operation of the Radiology Department
13. Health Professions
Part III: Growing with the Profession
14.The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
15. Professional Associations
16. Clinical Specialization and Professional Advancement