Textbook of General and Oral Surgery Edition 1
- EUR: €66.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
- Covers both general and oral surgery, giving the reader an integrated understanding of both subjects in one book.
- Discusses the basic principles of surgery at a level appropriate for future dentists.
- Provides information on general topics including wound healing and sepsis that is essential for all dentists.
- Gives an understanding of those specialist areas of surgery which have particular relevance to dentistry — including maxillofacial trauma, orthognathic surgery, and management of cleft palate.
- Includes comprehensive coverage of oral surgery.
- Covers anesthesia and sedation techniques.
- Offers clear line diagrams throughout.
A. Basic principles
2. History and examination
3. Wound healing and suture materials
4. Complications of surgery
5. Fluid balance metabolism and nutrition
6. Blood disorders and their management in surgical practice
7. Cross infection control
8. Surgical sepsis
10. General anaesthesia
11. Conscious sedation
B. Specialist surgical principles
12. Maxillofacial trauma
13. Orthognathic surgery
14. Salivary gland surgery
15. Plastic surgery
16. Management of facial clefts
17. Management of orofacial malignancy
18. Otorhinolaryngology (ENT surgery)
20. Temporomandibular joint investigation and surgery
PART II: ORAL SURGERY
22. History and diagnosis
23. Basic oral surgical techniques
24. Local anaesthesia
25. Extraction techniques
26. Complications of extractions
27. Wisdom teeth
28. Cysts of the jaw
29. Periradicular surgery
30. Pre-prosthetic surgery
31. Orthodontics and surgery
32. Other surgical techniques
33. Spread and control of infection
34. Salivary gland diseases
35. Oral surgery in the medically compromised
36. Diseases of bone
37. Dental implants
38. Cryosurgery and laser surgery
book comprehensively covers most aspects of oral surgery. The four authors and various contributors bring a great deal of knowledge and interest to its compilation, making it a very eaasy textbook to read.
Overall this is a book which should be recommended to undergraduates, house officers and senior house officers. This is also a textbook which some GDP's may wish to purchase for the practice library." Dr Karim Jaafary, Dental Practice, September 2003
latest textbook covers both oral and general surgery...a sound textbook for undergraduate dental students which is clearly presented at a suitable level. It would also serve as a good basic text for those embarking in a postgraduate career in oral surgery/surgical dentistry." Instructor, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, Dental Update, April 2004
0-323-01887-4, 978-0-323-01887-6, Peterson, Ellis, Hupp & Tucker: Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 4e, Dec-2002
0-7216-9271-0, 978-0-7216-9271-5, Topazian, Goldberg & Hupp: Oral and Maxillofacial Infections, 4e, Feb-2002
1-56053-401-X, 978-1-56053-401-3, Abubaker & Benson: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Secrets, Jan-2001