Assertive Outreach A Strengths Approach to Policy and PracticeEdition 1
- EUR: €51.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
The book gives a comprehensive, authoritative approach to the subject, which combines both an overview of the policy and practice issues. It makes use of extensive case study material, to illustrate individual and team circumstances. Both authors have over ten years experience of working in this field, and have published extensively on assertive outreach.
- Comprehensive and authoritative
- Integrates policy and practice
- Extensive use of case study material
1. The Origins and Evidence for Case Management
2. The Transformation of Case Management into Assertive Outreach: The Policy Context 1985-2003
3. The Purpose and Principles of a ‘Strengths’ Approach
Part 2 – A Guide to Practice
1. Ethical Dilemmas
2. The Foundations of Creative Collaboration
3. Targeting: Who is the Client?
4. Developing Trusting Working Relationships
5. Strengths Assessment
6. Care Planning and Care Coordination
7. Working with the Service User
9. Practice Based Evidence
book offers a wealth of information on the development of assertive outreach and its practical application. The authors adopt a 'strengths' approach - an essential and refreshing alternative to the medical model or problem-focused approach."" Tobby Williamson, Mental Health, August 2004