The Physiology of Training Advances in Sport and Exercise Science seriesEdition 1
- EUR: €33.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
- Presents comprehensive coverage of the physiology of training.
- Outstanding list of contributors, including Olympic and World Championship Medallists from a variety of sports.
- Theory presented is underscored by practical examples across a broad range of athletics, providing a special blend of information combined with practical application.
- Exclusive chapters address training and medical conditions, as well as training and the environment.
- Clearly organized structure allows rapid access to desired information, making it a prime resource and practical teaching tool.
2. Training Specificity
3. The Physiology of Taping
4. The Physiology of Endurance Training
5. The Physiology of Anaerobic Endurance Training
6. The Physiology of Sprint and Power Training
7. The Physiology of Strength Training
8. The Physiology of Training and the Environment
9. Medical Conditions and Training
The Sport and Exercise Scientist
0-443-10343-7, 978-0-443-10343-8, Buckley: Exercise Physiology in Special Populations, Advances in Sport and Exercise Science, Aug-2008
0-443-10341-0, 978-0-443-10341-4, MacLaren: Nutrition and Sport, Advances in Sport and Exercise Science, Jul-2007
0-443-06965-4, 978-0-443-06965-9, Bell: Cardiovascular Physiology in Exercise and Sport, Jul-2008