Medical Devices Use and SafetyEdition 1
- EUR: €39.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Book Reviews
Fatal accidents occur with medical devices every year. This is the first book for people who use medical equipment, rather than for engineers or technicians. It will help personnel within healthcare to avoid accidents by bridging the gap between the design principles and the user. The book encourages safe use of a wide range of equipment, from simple thermometers and blood-pressure cuffs to complex equipment such as pacemakers, ventilators and patient monitors.
- Simple explanations of basic medical devices
- Case histories of real-life accidents to highlight risk areas
- Clear, attractive illustrations
- "Tips" boxes identify particular problems
- "Basic Facts" boxes supply fundamental information needed by all readers
- "Technology" boxes provide more-advanced explanations for interested or experienced readers
I would highly recommend this pioneering book as an essential learning resource for all staff working in perioperative care and clinical areas where radiological clinical interventions occur.¿
RCN Officer, Yorkshire and Humberside JPP / Vol 17 / No 7 / July 2007
"The style is both clear and flowing...well researched and certainly contains a lot of information, much of which should certainly be useful for those whose work involves the use of
medical equipment. It would be a valuable addition to many bookshelves."
Brian Brown, SCOPE, JUNE 07, 41.