Clinical Orthopaedic Examination,Edition 6
Publication Date: 10 June 2010
A new edition of a now classic, highly-illustrated textbook of clinical orthopaedic examination suitable for specialist trainee orthopaedic surgeons, rheumatologists, medical students and physiotherapists.
- A new edition of an internationally respected textbook of orthopaedic examination
- The unique ‘strip cartoon’ artwork programme provides an easy-to-read approach to the subject affording an effective way to learn
- A highly praised book by reviewers for its clear and lucid writing style
- The text reflects the classic ‘look, feel, move’ approach to patient evaluation
- Provides practical guidance on interpretation of radiographs
- Almost 1000 drawings produced by the author himself provide a unique means of teaching.
- The updated text includes a number of new tests and methods of assessing overall limb function.
- More information has been added in the section on back pain.
- There is an expanded description on the interpretation of the ankle jerk and more information on tracking the progress of skeletal maturation.
- A new up-to-date design reflects that of the sister volume Practical Fracture Techniques 5e
About the author
By Ronald McRae, FRCS(Eng, Glas), FChS(Hon), AIMBI, Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association, Formerly Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Table of Contents
- General principles in the examination of a patient with an orthopaedic problem
- Segmental and peripheral nerves of the limbs
- The cervical spine
- The shoulder
- The elbow
- The wrist
- The hand
- The thoracic and lumbar spine
- The hip
- The knee
- The tibia
- The ankle
- The foot
Page Count: 324
Illustrations: Approx. 1098 illustrations
Retail Price: €54.99