Public Health Mini-Guides: Alcohol Misuse provides up-to-date, evidence-based information in a convenient pocket-sized format. Alcohol Misuse is a major public health concern in the UK, and its impact is significant on a global scale. This Mini-Guide presents resources, research and examples relating to this challenge, exploring the causes of alcohol misuse along with the approaches to reduce alcohol problems at both individual and population levels.
- Covers all aspects of a public health approach to alcohol misuse
- Individual and population-level interventions
- Case study examples help relate practice to theory
- ‘Thinking points’ encourage reflection and are a teaching aid
- Each chapter ends with summary points, websites and further reading lists to help direct readers.
1. Alcohol consumption
2. The health and legal consequences of problem drinking
3. Dependent drinkers and recovery
4. Family and workplace
5. Public health interventions
6. Alcohol brief interventions (ABIs)
Public Health Mini-Guide Obesity by Nick Townsend & Angela Scriven ISBN 9780702046346
Public Health Mini-Guide Diabetes by Jose Evans & Angela Scriven ISBN 9780702046377