Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology Edition 3
- EUR: €43.00
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
Wherever you study or practise obstetrics and gynaecology, a sound knowledge of the clinical aspects will underpin your understanding of the specialty and maximise your ability to make a difference to the care of women and babies.
A perfect companion to Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine, this new edition continues to provide an excellent grounding and framework for handling clinical problems in obstetrics and gynaecology.
"Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology is an excellent choice for interested students looking for a first step to gaining an in-depth and well-rounded knowledge of Obstetrics and Gynaecology or for those on attachment looking to cement knowledge gained on the wards with a well-written, superbly illustrated and helpfully laid-out book." Reviewed by: James Orr Date: Aug 2014
- Highly illustrated with clear, full-colour line drawings and colour photos.
- Summary boxes and tables throughout.
- Key-points boxes at the end of each chapter.
- The latest information for statistics and genetics.
- Forward-looking approach to obstetrics and gynaecology.
- History and ethics boxes throughout.
- Organized into three sections: Fundamentals, Gynaecology, and Pregnancy and the puerperium.
- New section on sexual and reproductive health
- New chapter on surgery to aligned with the RCOG undergrad curriculum
- Anaesthesia chapter totally reworked.
- Increased coverage of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage.
- Fully revised and updated throughout.
SECTION 1 FUNDAMENTALS
1 Clinical pelvic anatomy
2 Human embryogenesis
3 History and examination
SECTION 2 GYNAECOLOGY
4 Imaging in obstetrics and gynaecology
5 Paediatric gynaecology
6 Disorders of sex development (DSD)
7 The normal menstrual cycle
10 Early pregnancy care
11 Menstrual disorders
12 Acute pelvic pain
14 Premenstrual syndrome
15 The menopause
16 Genital prolapse
17 Urinary incontinence
18 Ovarian neoplasms
19 Uterine neoplasia
20 Cervical disease
21 Gestational trophoblastic disease
22 Disorders of the vulva
23 Gynaecological surgery
SECTION 3 REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
24 Sexually transmitted infections
25 Sexual problems
26 Termination of pregnancy
SECTION 4 PREGNANCY AND THE PUERPERIUM
28 The physiology of pregnancy
29 Strategies to improve global maternal and neonatal health
30 Antenatal care
31 Postnatal care
32 Medical disorders in pregnancy
33 Prenatal diagnosis
34 Obstetric haemorrhage
35 Small babies
36 Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy
38 Multiple pregnancy
39 Fetal haemolytic disease
41 Monitoring of the fetus in labour
42 Induction of labour
43 Pain relief in labour
44 Precipitate labour and slow labour
45 Malpresentations and malpositions
46 Obstetric emergencies
47 Operative delivery
48 When a baby dies - stillbirth and neonatal death
49 Neonatal resuscitation
50 Neonatal care