This book is derived from Ronald McRae’s Pocketbook of Orthopaedics and Fractures, a highly successful ‘survival guide’ for the trainee working in accident and emergency or orthopaedic departments. Retaining the underlying principles of the original editions this comprehensive rewrite and re-presentation provides complete coverage of orthopaedic trauma surgery as relevant to contemporary practice.
- McRae's Orthopaedic Trauma and Emergency Fracture Management
- This book is a fully rewritten text based on a classic textbook by Mr Ronald McRae.
- Now in a larger page size the book contains over 500 illustrations all drawn in two colours for this new edition.
- Over 250 x-rays accompany the text, many of which are connected with the line drawings to ease interpretation.
Part 1: General Principles
- Fractures and fracture management
- Management of the injured patient
- Limb threatening injuries
- Closed management of fractures
- Operative management of fractures
- Musculoskeletal infection and joint aspiration
Part 2: Specific injuries by region
- Shoulder girdle
- Wrist and carpus
- Principles of paediatric trauma
- Upper limb paediatric trauma
- Lower limb paediatric trauma
"Succinct, didactic (entertaining, authoritative and reference-free) survival guide for junior doctors."
The Bone and Joint Journal
"The book .. would be a valuable reference book for nurses working within any aspect of trauma care. It should be used for study and practice advice alongside an orthopaedic nursing text especially now that there are so few opportunities for nurses to acquire specialist orthopaedic and trauma education and qualifications."
International Journal of Orthopaedic and Trauma Nursing
"This is an excellent book for clerks or junior trainees needing a quick introduction to the complexity of orthopedic trauma. Illustrations are well chosen and highly effective. The book reflects the maturity of a publication that has seen multiple editions and maintains consistency with a small group of writers."
-David J. Dries, MD (University of Minnesota Medical School) for Doody’s Review Service
"This is an excellent, well priced practical book which is well written, informative and very easy to look up and read around a topic quickly. For the right person, this should represent a good investment and the excellent illustrations and explanatory text coupled with the high production values makes this a classy product."
-Dr. Harry Brown, April 2016