Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Perioperative Medicine A-Z An Encyclopaedia of Principles and PracticeEdition 6
- EUR: €98.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
For 25 years Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Perioperative Medicine A-Z has provided a comprehensive resource of the relevant aspects of pharmacology, physiology, anatomy, physics, statistics, medicine, surgery, general anaesthetic practice, intensive care, equipment, and the history of anaesthesia and intensive care.
Originally prepared as essential reading for candidates for the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and similar exams, this fully updated edition will also prove as invaluable as ever for all anaesthetists and critical care physicians, as well as operating department practitioners and specialist nurses.
- The alphabetical arrangement with extensive cross-referencing ensures a full understanding of topics.
- The succinct and clear text and diagrams make for easy quick reference.
- The exam preparation checklist is ordered by key topics to facilitate effective revision.
- The contents are easily accessible with the accompanying ebook.
- There has been a substantial addition of new entries as well as revision of existing ones. This acknowledges the breadth of information needed to satisfy the range of activities performed by anaesthetic, intensive care, nursing and other colleagues, and also reflects the ever-changing field in which they all work.
- The consolidation of the role of anaesthetists as ‘perioperative physicians’ is reflected in additional entries of particular relevance and also by the enhanced title of the book.
- The structured ‘revision checklist’ of entries which is particularly useful to those preparing for examinations has been further developed for this edition.
An A-Z encyclopaedia of principles and practice.
This is a classic ‘must have’ text book – and while I could leave it at that, I feel compelled to write more for the sake of those new to the world of anaesthesia (likely to be the only people who have never heard of it).
This book has proved to be a stalwart companion for those revising for anaesthetic exams. Offering, as the name suggests, an A–Z of all that is relevant to anaesthesia, intensive care and perioperative medicine, this book is certainly not one to read from cover to cover, but rather provides a succinct text into which one can dip in and out, either to furnish oneself with facts for the first time, or refresh the memory on subjects that may have temporarily slipped one’s mind.
While the 631 pages contain an incredible amount of information … it is remarkably easy to comprehend and digest as a result of the clear layout and use of different colours, fonts, and diagrams. The predominant changes in this edition reflect the everchanging field in which the anaesthetist works, including a far greater focus on the role as ‘perioperative physicians’.
British Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2018
A new update to a familiar reference book, this edition adds perioperative medicine to the title. While falling short on perioperative medicine topics it remains a useful resource to those teaching or sitting the Fellowship exams.
...For regular Part One teachers, and those sitting the Part One exam it remains an excellent resource.
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Journal, 2018