Despite growing reliance on imaging, clinical examination remains the bedrock of diagnosis of the musculoskeletal patient. Special tests have widespread utility particularly in sport and can often help to elucidate a patient’s presentation where the lesion is subtle and otherwise difficult to detect and, in turn, guide management and treatment. Special Tests in Musculoskeletal Examination 2nd Edition is a pocketbook guide to over 100 peripheral tests.
- a fully illustrated step-by-step guide to each test giving clinicians all the information they need at their fingertips.
- a focussed review of the latest evidence and how this applies to practice.
- use of clinical tips and expert opinion to allow clinicians to select the most appropriate test and interpret the results meaningfully.
- Full review of the evidence integrated into the entire text.
- New clinical context section at the start of each section making it easy to find and providing advanced background knowledge to extend the readers knowledge.
- Brand new colour photography to show each test clearly throughout.
- Additional tests included allowing readers to extend their knowledge and understanding.