Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery A Companion to Specialist Surgical PracticeEdition 6
- EUR: €116.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
For this Sixth Edition the authorship team across the series has been expanded to include additional European and World experts, with an increased emphasis on global practice. Throughout all six volumes the contents have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence. Detailed supportive key references are provided and are also included within the comprehensive list of references in the accompanying ebook. Links to recommended online videos have been added where appropriate.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within the major sub-specialties of general surgery.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
This edition of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery includes new chapters on pancreas, islet and liver transplantation. The text includes new treatment options such as radioembolization, antiangiogenics and ALPPS, the latest guidelines on HCC and colorectal liver metastases management with recent evidence on treatment of biliary tract cancer, pancreatic cystic lesions and complicated acute pancreatitis. Over half of the chapters have been re-written by new authors thus ensuring that this edition is fresh, relevant and incorporates the latest developments and most up-to-date evidence base.
- Liver function and failure
- Hepatic, biliary and pancreatic anatomy
- Staging and assessment of hepatobiliary malignancies
- Benign liver lesions
- Primary malignant tumours of the liver
- Colorectal liver metastases
- Non-colorectal hepatic metastases
- Portal hypertension and liver transplantation
- Pancreas and Islet transplantation
- Benign biliary tract diseases
- Malignant lesions of the biliary tract
- Complicated Acute Pancreatitis
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma
- Cystic and neuroendocrine tumours of the pancreas
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic trauma