Vascular and Endovascular Surgery A Companion to Specialist Surgical PracticeEdition 6
- EUR: €109.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
For this Sixth Edition the authorship team across the series has been expanded to include additional European and World experts, with an increased emphasis on global practice. Throughout all six volumes the contents have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence. Detailed supportive key references are provided and are also included within the comprehensive list of references in the accompanying ebook. Links to recommended online videos have been added where appropriate.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within the major sub-specialties of general surgery.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
Vascular surgery is developing at a rapid pace, especially in the field of medical therapy and endovascular interventions. This new edition aims to put these developments into context, and give a balanced view with regard to technological advances and more traditional techniques. Vascular and endovascular practitioners will find this a very useful resource in their day to day clinical practice.
- Epidemiological risk factors for PAD, risk stratification and risk factor management
- Assessment of chronic lower limb ischaemia
- Medical treatment of chronic lower limb ischemia
- Intervention for chronic lower limb ischaemia
- The diabetic foot
- Amputation, rehabilitation and prosthetic developments
- Revision vascular surgery
- Management of acute lower limb ischaemia
- Vascular trauma
- Extracranial cerebrovascular disease
- Vascular disorders of the upper limb
- Primary and secondary vasospastic disorders (Raynaud's phenomenon) and vasculitis
- Peripheral and abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Thoracic and thoraco-abdominal aortic disease
- Disorders of the renal and mesenteric circulation
- Central venous and dialysis access
- Varicose veins
- Chronic leg swelling
- The acutely swollen leg
- Vascular anomalies