Oesophagogastric Surgery - Print and E-Book A Companion to Specialist Surgical PracticeEdition 6
- EUR: €109.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Oesophagogastric Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
For this Sixth Edition the authorship team across the series has been expanded to include additional European and World experts, with an increased emphasis on global practice. Throughout all six volumes the contents have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence. Detailed supportive key references are provided and are also included within the comprehensive list of references in the accompanying ebook. Links to recommended online videos have been added where appropriate.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within the major sub-specialties of general surgery.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
This new Sixth Edition includes contributions from a number of world renowned authors which reflects the global nature of oesophagogastric surgery. In particular, to reflect the increasing role of bariatric surgery, there are three new chapters covering obesity, bariatric surgical procedures, and the follow up and outcomes of bariatric surgery. Other chapters have been extensively revised by world experts and include up to date evidence and advances in the assessment, management, and treatment of oesophagogastric disease.
- Pathology of oesophageal and gastric tumours
- Epidemiology, genetics and screening for oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Staging of oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Preoperative assessment and perioperative management in oesophageal and gastric surgery
- Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus
- Treatment of early oesophageal cancer
- Surgery for cancer of the stomach
- Endoscopic and surgical treatment of early gastric cancer
- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy in treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Palliative treatments of carcinoma of the oesophagus and stomach
- Other oesophageal and gastric neoplasms
- Pathophysiology and investigation of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Revisional oesophagogastric surgery
- Barrett’s oesophagus
- The management of achalasia and other motility disorders of the oesophagus
- Paraoesophageal hernia and gastric volvulus
- Oesophageal emergencies
- Obesity and assessment for metabolic surgery
- Bariatric operations and perioperative care
- Follow-up and late complications of bariatric surgery