Baillière's Dictionary for Nurses and Health Care Workers remains the nursing dictionary of choice throughout the world!
The latest edition of this authoritative paperback has been thoroughly revised and updated to meet the needs of nurses and health care workers in a variety of clinical settings.
Published for the first time in full colour, the comprehensive dictionary entries are supplemented by common abbreviations, prefixes, suffixes and roots, together with units of measurement and tables of normal values. Other helpful appendices include nutrition, resuscitation, first aid, medicines control, the legal and professional framework of nursing, professional standards of practice and behaviour, immunization and vaccinations, prevention and control of infection, revalidation, and clinical supervision.
- User friendly text presented in a handy pocket size format
- Suitable for a variety of settings raging from the high-tech high-dependency environment to primary care and community settings
- Clear artwork helps further clarify terms and difficult concepts
- Includes common abbreviations, prefixes, suffixes and roots, together with units of measurement and normal values
- Helpful appendices cover nutrition, resuscitation, first aid, medicines control, immunization and vaccinations, and prevention and control of infection
- Ideal for all newcomers to the clinical and healthcare environment!
- Now published in full-colour throughout!
- Expanded number of entries to aid comprehensiveness
- Includes the latest information on revalidation, the legal and professional framework of nursing, professional standards of practice and behaviour, and clinical supervision
Dictionary of terms
- First Aid
- Medicines and their Control
- The Legal and Professional Framework of Nursing
- Professional Standards of Practice and Behaviour for Nurses, Midwives and Nursing Associates
- Common Abbreviations
- Common Prefixes, Suffixes and Roots
- Units of Measurement and Tables of Normal Values
- Immunization and Vaccinations
- Prevention and Control of Infection
- Clinical Supervision