Wheater's Pathology: A Text, Atlas and Review of Histopathology Edition 6
- EUR: €57.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
This concise introduction to pathology covers basic pathological mechanisms and offers a detailed review of systems pathology, making it a complete, effective review for today’s readers. Hundreds of high-quality images—many new to this edition—illustrate common entities, and associated captions provide key pathological points. Reader-friendly text clarifies basic and complex information, helping you understand challenging concepts more easily. Wheater's Pathology is an excellent companion resource for users of Wheater's Functional Histology, 6th Edition, offering a comparison of normal histology with the pathological changes in disease.
- Contains a new chapter, Introduction to Pathology and Techniques, that provides more background information on histology techniques, immunohistochemistry, molecular tests and digital pathology.
- Contains new, full-color illustrations that depict additional pathological entities and update classifications.
- Includes access to online-only material such as new questions for each chapter, and numerous macroscopic images.
- Incorporates cutting-edge information on molecular pathology throughout.
- Includes quick-reference features such as keys to the lettering in images at the bottom of each page and fully revised clinical boxes with clinical-pathological correlations that explain the relevance of the pathological processes underlying common diseases and their complications.
- Summarizes key points with chapter reviews at the end of each section.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Preface to the First Edition
BASIC PATHOLOGICAL PROCESSES
1. Introduction to pathology
2. Cellular responses to injury
3. Acute inflammation, healing and repair
4. Chronic inflammation
5. Infections of histological importance
6. Disorders of growth
7. Dysplasia and neoplasia
9. Thrombosis and embolism
BASIC SYSTEMS PATHOLOGY
11. Cardiovascular system
12. Respiratory system
13. Gastrointestinal system
14. Liver and pancreaticobiliary system
15. Urinary system
16. Lymphoid and haematopoietic systems
17. Female reproductive system
19. Male reproductive system
20. Endocrine system
22. Bone and soft tissues
23. Nervous system
Appendix 1 – Notes on commonly used staining methods
Appendix 2 – Glossary of pathological terms
Appendix 3 – Bonus E-Book Images