Textbook of Adult Emergency Medicine Edition 5
- EUR: €97.99
This title is not available in digital format
The print book is not currently available.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
Textbook of Adult Emergency Medicine provides clear and consistent coverage of this rapidly evolving specialty. Building on the success of previous editions, it covers all the major topics that present to the trainee doctor in the emergency department. In addition it will prove invaluable to the range of other professionals working in this setting - including nurse specialists and paramedics - who require concise, highly practical guidance, incorporating the latest best practice and current guidelines.
As well as covering the mainstream clinical subjects – including cardiac, respiratory, gastrointestinal, neurology, musculoskeletal, infectious disease, toxicology and psychiatry emergencies, resuscitation and trauma – there are major sections on other skills and issues of key importance to today’s advanced emergency medicine practitioner, such as staffing, overcrowding, triage, patient safety and quality measures. In addition, difficult topics such as death and dying, the challenging patient, ethics, giving evidence and domestic violence are covered.
This edition comes with an enhanced electronic version with video and self-assessment content, providing a richer learning experience and making rapid reference easier than ever before, anytime, anywhere.
- A comprehensive textbook of adult emergency medicine for trainee doctors - covers all the problems likely to present to a trainee in the emergency department.
- Chapters are highly readable and concise – boxes summarise chapter key points and highlight controversial areas of treatment.
- The content is highly practical, clinically orientated and thoroughly updated in all the core subjects
- The book has comprehensive coverage of non-clinical issues such as administration, quality improvement, research and training.
- The online ExpertConsult ebook includes over 500 self-testing questions related directly to the contents as well as online videos on topics such as central venous line placement and cricothyrotomy.
- Two new editors join the book including one based in Ireland.
- There will be a thorough update to the content especially in the areas of trauma and resuscitation.
- Improved imaging will be included.
- Additional online self-testing questions will be included.
Section 1 Resuscitation
Section 2 Critical care
Section 3 Trauma
Section 4 Orthopaedic emergencies
Section 5 Cardiovascular emergencies
Section 6 Respiratory emergencies
Section 7 Digestive emergencies
Section 8 Neurology emergencies
Section 9 Infectious disease emergencies
Section 10 Genitourinary emergencies
Section 11 Endocrine emergencies
Section 12 Metabolic emergencies
Section 13 Haematology emergencies
Section 14 Rheumatology and musculoskeletal emergencies
Section 15 Dermatology emergencies
Section 16 Ocular emergencies
Section 17 Dental emergencies
Section 18 ENT emergencies
Section 19 Obstetrics & gynaecology emergencies
Section 20 Psychiatric emergencies
Section 21 Challenging situations
Section 22 Pain relief
Section 23 Emergency imaging
Section 24 Environmental emergencies
Section 25 Toxicology emergencies
Section 26 Toxinology emergencies
Section 27 Academic emergency medicine
Section 28 Emergency medicine and the law
Section 29 Emergency and medical systems
Section 30 Administration
"The combination of desk-bound hard copy with the portability and expanded content of the ‘e-book’ that moves the fourth edition from the ‘you should have this’ of the third edition to the next level of desirability and utility."
Emergency Medicine Australasia
"As an experienced ED nurse and Emergency Nurse Practitioner, I found the book fascinating and could not put it down. The authors and editors of this text have succeeded in producing a comprehensive guide to Emergency Medicine which would
be a valuable resource for any Emergency Department."
International Emergency Nursing
"it has established itself as one of the leading reference textbooks in the field of adult emergency medicine in Australasia. It is now a mature reference textbook,
which is a credit to the editors and the contributors."
Journal of Military and Veterans’ Health
"This is an excellent evidence based textbook suitable for exam preparation or for reference, which takes you through the complete management of all emergency medicine conditions. I would strongly recommend it to all emergency medicine trainees."
Injury: international Journal of Care of the Injured