This title is not available in digital formatRequest print copy
Once approved, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- The unique presentation of content narrows the gap between the knowledge a student learns during nursing school and the wisdom they need to survive in the real world.
- Material is presented using adult learning principles and various active-learning strategies to engage readers of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles.
- A consistent chapter format - using the headings What it is, What you need to know, What you do, and Do you understand? - breaks down information into small segments and facilitates understanding.
- Special icons for Lifespan Considerations, Cultural Implications, Web Links, Cautions, Monitoring and Initial Treatment help readers quickly identify special content in the chapter.
- A variety of memory-reinforcing activities such as mnemonic devices, fill-in the blank, matching, word jumbles, true/false, and crossword puzzles promote learning and understanding.
- Clinical terms and shorthand expressions are highlighted in colored text within parentheses after the explanation, to expose readers to terminology used in the practice setting.
- Boxed Take Home Points distill years of nursing experience into practical, "real world" advice from the experts.
- More than 100 NCLEX-style questions, divided by chapter, are included in a section at the end of the book so readers can test their knowledge and review challenging concepts.
- Full-color illustrations demonstrate key concepts and principles of hemodynamic monitoring, including various complications.
- Original cartoon-character illustrations and a cartoon camel walk readers through subjects that nursing students have identified as difficult, using a lighthearted approach.
- Waveforms at the end of each chapter allow readers to practice their interpretation.
2. Hemodynamic Theory
3. Hemodynamic Monitoring Equipment
4. Arterial Pressure Monitoring
5. Right Atrial/Central Venous Pressure Monitoring
6. Pulmonary Artery Pressure Monitoring
7. Pulmonary Artery Pressures and Waveforms
8. Cardiac Output Measurements & Hemodynamic Calculations
9. Mixed Venous Oxygenation Monitoring
10. Non-invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring
11. Clinical Application: Case Studies, Clinical Interventions & Exercises
Appendix: Esophageal Doppler Monitoring
NCLEX® Examination Review
0-7216-0374-2, 978-0-7216-0374-2, Schumacher & Chernecky: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: Critical Care and Emergency Nursing, Dec-2004
0-7216-8737-7, 978-0-7216-8737-7, Chernecky, Butler, Graham & Infortuna: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: Drug Calculation and Drug Administration, Jul-2001
0-7216-9036-X, 978-0-7216-9036-0, Chernecky, Alichnie, Garrett, George-Gay, Hodges & Terry: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: ECGs & the Heart, Jul-2001
0-7216-9778-X, 978-0-7216-9778-9, Macklin & Chernecky: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: IV Therapy, Sep-2003
0-7216-9046-7, 978-0-7216-9046-9, Gutierrez & Peterson: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: Pathophysiology, Dec-2001
0-7216-9047-5, 978-0-7216-9047-6, McCuistion & Gutierrez: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: Pharmacology, Jan-2002