Real World Nursing Survival Guide: Hemodynamic Monitoring Edition 1
- EUR: €41.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- The unique presentation of content narrows the gap between the knowledge a student learns during nursing school and the wisdom they need to survive in the real world.
- Material is presented using adult learning principles and various active-learning strategies to engage readers of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles.
- A consistent chapter format - using the headings What it is, What you need to know, What you do, and Do you understand? - breaks down information into small segments and facilitates understanding.
- Special icons for Lifespan Considerations, Cultural Implications, Web Links, Cautions, Monitoring and Initial Treatment help readers quickly identify special content in the chapter.
- A variety of memory-reinforcing activities such as mnemonic devices, fill-in the blank, matching, word jumbles, true/false, and crossword puzzles promote learning and understanding.
- Clinical terms and shorthand expressions are highlighted in colored text within parentheses after the explanation, to expose readers to terminology used in the practice setting.
- Boxed Take Home Points distill years of nursing experience into practical, "real world" advice from the experts.
- More than 100 NCLEX-style questions, divided by chapter, are included in a section at the end of the book so readers can test their knowledge and review challenging concepts.
- Full-color illustrations demonstrate key concepts and principles of hemodynamic monitoring, including various complications.
- Original cartoon-character illustrations and a cartoon camel walk readers through subjects that nursing students have identified as difficult, using a lighthearted approach.
- Waveforms at the end of each chapter allow readers to practice their interpretation.
2. Hemodynamic Theory
3. Hemodynamic Monitoring Equipment
4. Arterial Pressure Monitoring
5. Right Atrial/Central Venous Pressure Monitoring
6. Pulmonary Artery Pressure Monitoring
7. Pulmonary Artery Pressures and Waveforms
8. Cardiac Output Measurements & Hemodynamic Calculations
9. Mixed Venous Oxygenation Monitoring
10. Non-invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring
11. Clinical Application: Case Studies, Clinical Interventions & Exercises
Appendix: Esophageal Doppler Monitoring
NCLEX® Examination Review
0-7216-0374-2, 978-0-7216-0374-2, Schumacher & Chernecky: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: Critical Care and Emergency Nursing, Dec-2004
0-7216-8737-7, 978-0-7216-8737-7, Chernecky, Butler, Graham & Infortuna: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: Drug Calculation and Drug Administration, Jul-2001
0-7216-9036-X, 978-0-7216-9036-0, Chernecky, Alichnie, Garrett, George-Gay, Hodges & Terry: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: ECGs & the Heart, Jul-2001
0-7216-9778-X, 978-0-7216-9778-9, Macklin & Chernecky: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: IV Therapy, Sep-2003
0-7216-9046-7, 978-0-7216-9046-9, Gutierrez & Peterson: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: Pathophysiology, Dec-2001
0-7216-9047-5, 978-0-7216-9047-6, McCuistion & Gutierrez: Real World Nursing Survival Guide: Pharmacology, Jan-2002