Markell and Voge's Medical Parasitology Edition 9
- EUR: €70.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Ten-page insert with full color plates of various parasites, eggs, and life cycles provides students with real-life examples of how parasites and their associated material appear in order to facilitate their identification in the laboratory.
- Summary Tables appear at the ends of the parasite/disease chapters to summarize the main features of the chapter and to present the salient information from the chapter to allow students better comprehension of the material.
- Life cycle drawings show progression of parasites from infancy to adult so students can recognize parasites at each stage of life.
- Disease distribution maps depict the global distribution of key parasites to help students see the global impact that various parasites have.
- The text explores arthropods both as parasites in their own right and as vectors or intermediate hosts for other parasites so students can understand the direct and indirect impact that they have on health.
- New two-color design gives the material a fresh look and highlights important details in illustrations.
- Improved illustrations include all line drawings redrawn with a second color added, as well as improved quality in the halftones.
- Thorough revision reflecting all the most recent research findings and the most cutting-edge techniques for diagnosis and treatment.
- Significant change in authorship with David John taking the role of lead editor, and with a new co-editor, William Petri, a proven expert, writer, and speaker in the field of parasitology.
2. Parasites, Parasitism, and Host Relations
3. Lumen-Dwelling Protozoa
5. Other Blood- and Tissue-Dwelling Protozoa
6. The Trematodes
7. The Cestodes
8. The Intestinal Nematodes
9. The Blood- and Tissue-Dwelling Nematodes
10. Arthropods and Human Disease
11. Parasitic Infections in Immunocompromised Hosts
12. Signs and Symptoms of Parasitic Disease
13. Pseudoparasites and Pitfalls
14. Examination of Stool Specimens
15. Examination of Blood, Other Body Fluids and Tissues, Sputum, and Urine
16. Immunodiagnostic Techniques