- A logical body-systems approach and consistent chapter format make it fun and easy to learn veterinary terminology.
- Goals, objectives, and self-study sections at the beginning of each chapter help you focus your study time and allow you to check your recall and understanding of key facts and terminology.
- Crossword puzzles at the end of each chapter reinforce important concepts and correspond to an answer key at the end of the book where you can check your responses and assess your progress.
- A complete glossary of word parts gives you quick access to the spelling and meaning of every prefix, suffix, root, and combining form covered in the book.
- An Evolve website offers interactive games and audio pronunciations to help reinforce your understanding of key word parts and terms.
- The engaging full-color format includes nearly 230 illustrations that clearly demonstrate key anatomy and physiology concepts and terminology.
- Expanded coverage of ruminant anatomy and physiology enhances your knowledge of these species and related terminology.
- Crossword puzzles at the end of each chapter test your knowledge and challenge you to use newly learned terms.
2. The Cell
3. Body Structure and Organization
4. The Hematopoietic System
5. The Lymphatic System
6. The Musculoskeletal
7. The Cardiovascular System
8. The Respiratory System
9. The Neurologic System
10. The Eye
11. The Ear
12. The Alimentary System
13. The Urinary System
14. The Reproductive System
15. The Endocrine System
16. The Integumentary System
Appendix A: Chemical Symbol–Element Cross Reference
Appendix B: Answer Key
Glossary of Word Parts
This book aims to make learning veterinary terminology easy and engaging and I think it achieves that aim very well. (...) I had not anticipated the great depth to which each chapter went into explaining and putting into context the various terms, (...) it was very engaging and comprehensive and ensured the reader had the terminology explained within good context. (...) The diagrams are very well done and clearly labelled. The pictures are of a good size, are all in colour and complement the text very well. (...) I did find the book very engaging and informative. Veterinary Medical Terminology is a well laid out, informative read. It will make a useful addition to our library and I will no doubt be dipping in and out.
VN Times, November 2009
1-4160-6138-X, 978-1-4160-6138-0, SAUNDERS: Saunders Veterinary Terminology Flash Cards, Aug-2008
978-0-323-06801-7, Colville: Review Questions and Answers for Veterinary Technicians, 4e, Dec-2009
978-0-323-04685-5, Colville & Bassert: Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians, 2e, Dec-2007
1-4160-6607-1, 978-1-4160-6607-1, Dyce, Sack & Wensing: Textbook of Veterinary Anatomy, 4e, Dec-2009
0-323-01329-5, 978-0-323-01329-1, McBride: Learning Veterinary Terminology, , 2e, Jul-2001
978-0-323-05214-6, Tighe & Brown: Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians, 3e, Oct-2007
0-7020-2789-8, 978-0-7020-2789-5, Blood, Studdert & Gay: Saunders Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary (Hard Cover), 3e, Oct-2006
0-7020-2788-X, 978-0-7020-2788-8, Blood, Studdert & Gay: Saunders Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary (Soft Cover), 3e, Oct-2006
978-0-7020-4743-5, Studdert, Gay & Blood: Saunders Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary, 4e, Dec-2011