Textbook of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rheumatology Edition 2
- EUR: €45.99
- About the Editor
- Book Reviews
Winner of the prize for New Edited Book at The Royal Society of Medicine & The Society of Authors' Medical Book Awards, this textbook for medical students covers orthopaedics, trauma and rheumatology in one volume. It offers both core information regarding what the student needs to know about these specialties and an extensive series of cases with questions and answers that illustrate the thinking behind common everyday practice. The book offers a standard approach to history taking and physical examination, and relevant anatomy, highlighting the reasons for the different approaches within each specialty as required.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of musculoskeletal medicine and surgery perfectly tailored for the busy medical student
- Illustrated in full colour throughout
- Succinct coverage of essential topics helps aid understanding whilst avoid unnecessary detail thus saving time
- Uniform style of chapters throughout allows readers to easily scan through for the information required
- Useful summary boxes outline the main points of each condition including aetiology, pathology, epidemiology, clinical features, investigations, management and prognosis
- 100 case histories with questions illustrate the range of clinical problems that students will encounter during their clinical placements
- New chapters on sports and exercise related problems in adults, adolescents and children
- A new restructured section on fractures pulls together the text into a more logical presentation of the subject
- Additional emphasis on the multi-professional team approach to the management of musculoskeletal disorders
- An update of the therapeutics in all chapters.
“Out of several undergraduate texts on musculoskeletal disease, this is both comprehensive and comprehensible and a valuable addition to departmental and students’ personal libraries.¿
"This book is the best comprehensive work I have seen on the musculoskeletal system for medical students. I highly recommend the book to all medical students, junior residents, and primary care physicians."
Edward Abraham, MD(University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine), Doody Enterprises, Inc. Nov 2008