Oral Anatomy, Histology and Embryology Edition 5
- EUR: €77.95
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
The latest edition of the now classic Oral Anatomy, Histology and Embryology continues to provide readers with all the information required to ensure a full understanding of these important subject areas as they relate to current dental practice.
Maintaining the clear writing style and popular atlas-style format that characterized the phenomenal success of earlier editions, Oral Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, fifth edition, has been fully updated throughout with the latest research findings on a variety of essential topics. Containing a wealth of new illustrations, many of them previously unpublished, chapters now also come with helpful Overviews to summarize the topic and place it into wider context while l Learning Objectives help students focus on key areas.
The latest edition also comes with an ONLINE PROGRAMME CONTAINING A WIDE SELECTION OF MCQs AND ADDITIONAL LEARNING ACTIVITIES DESIGNED TO HELP READERS TEST AND REINFORCE THEIR KNOWLEDGE.
Oral Anatomy, Histology and Embryology will be ideal for all undergraduate and postgraduate dental students, especially candidates for the ORE and MJDF, and MFDS examinations.
- Written by dentists for dentists – authors who know exactly what students need for safe clinical practice!
- Contains full coverage of topics such as tooth eruption, tooth support, the effects of aging on teeth and associated soft tissues, periodontal regeneration, and the use of isotope analysis
- Includes sectional anatomy and functional anatomy (covering mastication, swallowing, speech, taste and olfaction, thermoreception)
- Many chapters include Clinical Considerations which explore associated pathological findings as well as other topics of consideration such as the use of local anaesthesia, temporomandibular joint disorders and malocclusion
- Explores bone structure and remodelling – including potential bone atrophy following tooth extraction, its relevance to orthodontic treatment and implantology, trauma and malignancy
- Rich with over 1300 images including schematic artworks, radiological images, electron-micrographs, cadaveric and clinical photographs, all specially selected to make learning and recall as easy as possible
- Contains a new photography collection and updated artwork program
- Overviews at the start of each chapter help summarize the topic and put it into wider context
- Learning Objectives at the end of chapters to help readers focus on essential knowledge requirements
- Chapters covering functional anatomy, enamel, alveolar bone, the temporomandibular, salivary glands, amelogenesis and dentinogenesis have been substantially reworked
- Tooth morphology photographs have been enlarged and new images included for pulp morphology
- Now comes with a helpful online program containing a selection of MCQs and other online learning exercises which allow the reader to test and reinforce their knowledge!
1. In vivo appearance of the oral cavity
2. Dento-osseous structures
3. Regional topography of the mouth and related areas
4. Vasculature and innervation of the mouth
5. Sectional anatomy of the oral cavity and related areas
6. Functional anatomy
8. Investing organic layers on enamel surfaces
10. Dental pulp
12. Periodontal ligament
13. Alveolar bone
14. Oral mucosa
15. Temporomandibular joint
16. Salivary glands
17. Development of the face
18. Development of the palate
19. Development of the jaws
20. Development of the tongue and salivary glands
21. Early tooth development
24. Development of the dental pulp
25. Development of the root and periodontal ligament
26. Development of the dentitions
27. Ageing and archaeological and dental anthropological applications of tooth structure