Crash Course Medical Ethics and Sociology Updated Print + eBook edition Edition 2
- EUR: €30.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
The (printed) ‘Updated Edition’ now comes with added value access to the complete, downloadable eBook version via Student Consult. Search, read and revise whilst on the move and use the interactive self-assessment to test your understanding. Crash Course - a more flexible, practical learning package than ever before.
Crash Course – your effective everyday study companion PLUS the perfect antidote for exam stress! Save time and be assured you have all the core information you need in one place to excel on your course and achieve exam success.
A winning formula now for over 15 years, each volume has been fine-tuned and fully updated, with an improved layout tailored to make your life easier. Especially written by junior doctors – those who understand what is essential for exam success – with all information thoroughly checked and quality assured by expert Faculty Advisers, the result is a series of books which exactly meets your needs and you know you can trust.
The importance of ethics and sociology as applied cannot be underestimated, within both the medical curriculum and everyday modern clinical practice. Medical students and junior doctors cannot hope to experience every dilemma first hand, but are expected to deal with new and problematic clinical situations in a reasoned, professional and systematic way. This volume, which accounts for the revised core curriculum in Medical Ethics and Law, will prove an indispensable companion.
- More than 80 line artworks, tables and boxes present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Friendly and accessible approach to the subject makes learning especially easy
- Written by junior doctors for students - authors who understand exam pressures
- Contains ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and other useful aide-mémoires
- Succinct coverage of the subject enables ‘sharp focus’ and efficient use of time during exam preparation
- Contains a fully updated self-assessment section - ideal for honing exam skills and self-testing
- Self-assessment section fully updated to reflect current exam requirements
- Contains ‘common exam pitfalls’ as advised by faculty
- Crash Courses also available electronically
1 Foundations of medical ethics and law.
2 Professionalism and medical ethics.
3 The doctor, the patient and society.
4 Ethics and law at the beginning and end of life.
5 Healthcare commissioning and resource allocation.
6 Introduction to sociology and disease.
7 Experience of health and illness.
8 Organization of health care provision in the UK.
9 Inequalities in health and health care provision.
10 Epidemiology and public health.
11 Clinical governance.
Self-assessment: Best of Five, Extended Matching Questions
The style of the book ensures its readability. It is written in a pithy "note form" style with the book's mascot - the crash-helmeted bike rider - presiding over important "need to know" stuff...the stuff that virtually every doctor will eventually need.
Dr Jeremy Sager, Univadis
The curriculum coverage is comprehensive and the level of detail throughout is impressive. This book is delightfully easy to read and logically arranged.
I really enjoyed reading this book and it will come in handy in some of my teaching.
Dr Steven De Wilde, GP Trainer and Academic, Tooting, South London