Crash Course Cell Biology and Genetics Updated Print + eBook edition Edition 4
- EUR: €30.99
- About the Editor
The (printed) ‘Updated Edition’ now comes with added value access to the complete, downloadable eBook version via Student Consult. Search, read and revise whilst on the move and use the interactive self-assessment to test your understanding. Crash Course - a more flexible, practical learning package than ever before.
Crash Course – your effective everyday study companion PLUS the perfect antidote for exam stress! Save time and be assured you have all the core information you need in one place to excel on your course and achieve exam success.
A winning formula now for over 15 years, each series volume has been fine-tuned and fully updated, with an improved layout tailored to make your life easier. Specially written by senior medical students or recent graduates – those who have just been in the exam situation – with all information thoroughly checked and quality assured by expert faculty advisors, the result is books which exactly meet your needs and you know you can trust.
The subject of cell biology and genetics has never been more essential to the medical curriculum and to modern medicine – yet is widely feared by students. This fully revised edition aims to make it as easy to understand and remember as possible, to ensure a solid grounding in the essential underlying principles and how they relate to clinical practice. It incorporates the latest developments in this fascinating and fast-moving field – including the human genome project and spin-offs such as the thousand genome project – as well as discussion of important ethical issues. Emerging molecular tools and laboratory techniques are explained so that you can appreciate where new treatments for genetic disease and screening technologies have arisen. An updated self-assessment section matching the latest exam formats then allows you to assess your progress and test your performance.
- More than 180 illustrations present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Friendly and accessible approach to the subject makes learning especially easy
- Written by students for students - authors who understand exam pressures
- Contains ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and other useful aide-mémoires
- Succinct coverage of the subject enables ‘sharp focus’ and efficient use of time during exam preparation
- Contains a fully updated self-assessment section - ideal for honing exam skills and self-testing
- Self-assessment section fully updated to reflect current exam requirements
- Contains ‘common exam pitfalls’ as advised by faculty
- Crash Courses also available electronically!
- Online self-assessment bank also available - content edited by Dan Horton-Szar!