This title is not available in digital formatRequest print copy
Once approved, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
On Call: Principles and Protocols 3e provides a carefully structured, risk-based approach to the initial assessment, investigation, differential diagnosis and short-term management of ward problems on-call.
This new 3rd edition is completely revised and up-to-date, with the latest guidelines laid out in a succinct format to give a practical, rapid, efficient and effective bedside approach to problem solving. Clinical reasoning has never been made so explicit and exciting!
This edition includes the full eBook on ExpertConsult with additional reading material, high-quality images, procedural videos and references available on http://lifeinthefastlane.com/book/oncall
- General principles: Overview of the knowledge and professional skills required to deal with undifferentiated on-call problems
- Emergency calls: Standardised approach to life-threatening, time-critical problems involving airway, breathing, circulation, neurological disability and environment factors (ABCDE)
- Common calls: How to deal with urgent ward calls based on an acute change in symptoms or signs
- Investigations: Interpretation of bedside, laboratory and radiological tests
- Practical procedures: Step-by-step guide to every relevant ward procedure
- Formulary: Quick reference for the indications, actions, adverse effects, cautions, doses and routes of administration of the vast array of drugs encountered in ward patients
- Laboratory values: Normal values for all the common tests
Section B - Emergency calls
Section C - Common calls
Section D - Investigations
Section E - Practical procedures
Section F - Formulary
Section G - Laboratory values