This title is not available in digital formatRequest print copy
Once approved, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- A logical organization makes it easy to find essential information.
- Complete coverage of the basic fundamentals of pharmacology such as ocular drug delivery and ocular drug formulations.
- Comprehensive reviews of the pharmacology of specific classes of agents such as the cycloplegics, antiglaucoma drugs, anti-inflammatory drugs, ocular irrigating solutions, and contact lens care products.
- In-depth information on ocular drugs used in clinical practice, including chapters on drugs used to treat eyelid disorders, lacrimal diseases, conjunctiva diseases, corneal diseases, allergies, uveitis, postoperative cataract, retinal diseases, and glaucoma.
- Coverage of ocular toxicology, including drug interactions, ocular effects of systemic drugs, and life-threatening systemic emergencies.
- Completely revised and updated content that reflects the latest advances in pharmacology.
- Updated information on post-operative drugs, including LASIK follow up medications.
- Expanded coverage in the chapters on Anti-infective Drugs, Anti-allergy Drugs and Decongestants, and Lubricants and Other Preparations of Ocular Surface Disease that includes the latest advancements in antibiotics and medications used to treat allergies and dry eye.
- A dosage quick reference guide on the inside front cover for quick and easy access.
- Information on the use of herbal medications.
Chapter 1: Pharmacotherapy of the Ophthalmic
Chapter 2: Ophthalmic Drug Formulations
Chapter 3: Ophthalmic Drug Delivery
Chapter 4: Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Aspects of Ocular Drug Administration
Chapter 5: Legal Aspects of Drug Administration
Part Two: Pharmacology of Ocular Drugs
Chapter 6: Local Anesthetics
Chapter 7: Analgesics for Treatment of Acute Ocular Pain
Chapter 8: Mydriatic and Mydrilytics
Chapter 9: Cycloplegics
Chapter 10: Ocular Hypotensive Drugs
Chapter 11: Anti-Infective Drugs
Chapter 12: Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
Chapter 13: Antiallergy Drugs and Decongestants
Chapter 14: Preparations for Dry Eye and Ocular Surface Disease
Chapter 15: Antiedema Drugs
Chapter 16: Dyes
Chapter 17: Nutritional Agents
Chapter 18: Drugs for Retinal Diseases
Part Three: Ocular Drugs in Clinical Practice
Chapter 19: Topical and Regional Anesthesia
Chapter 20: Dilation of the Pupil
Chapter 21: Cycloplegic Refraction
Chapter 22: Neuro-Ophthalmic Disorders
Chapter 23: Diseases of the Eyelids
Chapter 24: Diseases of the Lacrimal System
Chapter 25: Diseases of the Conjunctiva
Chapter 26: Diseases of the Cornea
Chapter 27: Allergic Eye Disease
Chapter 28: Diseases of the Sclera
Chapter 29: Uveitis
Chapter 30: Postoperative Care of the Cataract Patient
Chapter 31: Diseases of the Retina
Chapter 32: Thyroid-Related Eye Disease
Chapter 33: Pharmacologic Management of Strabismus
Chapter 34: Medical Management of the Glaucomas
Part Four: Toxicology
Chapter 35: Ocular Effects of Systemic Drugs
0-323-03941-3, 978-0-323-03941-3, Mosby: Eyecare Practice Tool Kit, Dec-2006
0-7506-7344-3, 978-0-7506-7344-0, Bartlett & Jaanus: Pocket Companion to Clinical Ocular Pharmacology, 4e, Apr-2002
0-323-02447-5, 978-0-323-02447-1, Mosby & Hom: Mosby's Ocular Drug Consult, Sep-2005