On Call Cardiology On Call SeriesEdition 3
- EUR: €46.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Provides easy-to-reference, specialty-specific guidance on how to manage problems that arise while on call without direct supervision.
- Catalogs the calls you are most likely to receive and provides you with the questions you should ask to assess the urgency of each situation.
- Details the ideal approach to diagnose and manage patients, communicate with colleagues and families, and avoid common mistakes for every call.
- Reviews the temporary orders appropriate for each call, as well as the general protocol, and the major threats to life you must consider before arriving at bedside.
- Indexes problems by disease as well as by symptoms to expedite your access to the answers you need.
- Includes a comprehensive collection of differential diagnoses and a detailed formulary of commonly used medications—a quick, alphabetically arranged reference for indications, drug dosages, routes of administration, side effects, contraindications, and modes of action.
Commonly Used Abbreviations
1. Approach to the Diagnosis and Management of On-Call Problems
2. Documentation of On-Call Problems
3. Examination for Extrathoracic Physical Signs of Heart Disease
4. Examination of the Heart
5. Rapid Guide to Relevant ECG Diagnosis
6. Guide to Chest X-ray Interpretation
PATIENT-RELATED PROBLEMS: THE COMMON CALLS
7. Chest Pain
8. Myocardial Infarction
9. Unstable Angina
11. Cardiac Tamponade
12. Aortic Dissection
13. Hypotension and Cardiogenic Shock
14. Shortness of Breath
16. Bothersome Cough
17. Pulmonary Embolism
18. Acute Pulmonary Edema
19. Congestive Heart Failure
22. Fever with Valve Murmur: Endocarditis
23. Hypertensive Crisis
26. Cardiac Arrest
27. Deep Venous Thrombosis
28. Evaluation and Treatment of Patients with Murmurs
A. Infusion Pump Charts
B. SI Units Conversion Table
C. Commonly Used Cardiovascular Drugs
D. Adverse Effects of Cardiac Drugs
E. Cardiac Drug Interactions
F. Drug Index
G. A Guide to the International ACLS Algorithms