Get immediate access to a digital review copy
The print book is not currently available.
- Manager’s Alert boxes detail measures to help you avoid complications and prevent potential emergencies.
- From the Expert’s Notebook boxes help you build daily decision-making skills with helpful tips, suggestions, and insights drawn from real-world practice.
- Exercises at the end of each chapter reinforce concepts and help you assess your understanding.
- Detailed appendices provide fast, easy access to commonly used abbreviations and symbols, Medicare information, helpful websites, and answers to the end-o-f-chapter exercises, as well as a sample procedure and policy manual to guide you in developing your own practices.
- Written Communication chapter helps you ensure proper communication and documentation in the health care facility.
- Updated content in the Medical Record chapter familiarizes you with the latest information on the electronic medical record.
- The updated Billing, Coding, and Collections chapter keeps you up to date with the latest coding and insurance forms (CMS 1500).
- Coverage of current legal and ethical issues and emerging technology in the medical office keep you apprised of recent developments.
2. Personnel Management
3. The Front Office
4. Written Communication NEW
5. Medical Record
6. Billing, Coding, and Collections
7. Fraud, Abuse, and Compliance
8. Documentation and Risk Assessment
9. Ethical and Legal Issues
10. Health Care Technology
11. Safety and Health
12. Responsibilities of the Manager
13. Outpatient Services, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, and Hospitals
14. The Financial Side
15. Medical Marketing
A. Sample Employee Pension Plan Booklet
B. Medicare Carriers and Medicare Fraud Units by Region
C. Internet Website Addresses for Health Care Professionals
D. Abbreviations and Symbols Used in the Medical Office
E. Patient Information Handbook for Central City Gastroenterology Associates
F. Central City Medical Associates Office Procedure and Policy Manual
G. Answers to Teasers, Testers, and Thinkers
H. Sample Encounter Form
I. Audit Summary Report
978-0-323-07403-2, Mosby: Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions, 9e, Sep-2012
978-1-4377-1421-0, Buck: Electronic Health Record Booster Kit for the Medical Office with Practice Partner, Jun-2009
1-4160-3201-0, 978-1-4160-3201-4, Young: Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant, An Applied Learning Approach, 6e, Mar-2007
1-4160-4834-0, 978-1-4160-4834-3, Larsen: Computerized Medical Office Procedures, A Worktext, 2e, Nov-2008
1-4160-6163-0, 978-1-4160-6163-2, Buck: Practice Kit for Medical Front Office Skills with Medisoft Version 14, 2e, Jan-2009