Ulrich & Canale's Nursing Care Planning Guides Prioritization, Delegation, and Critical ThinkingEdition 7
- EUR: €48.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
Practical and comprehensive, this essential resource helps you plan individualized care for clients in a variety of settings, including acute care, extended care, and home care environments. It features 33 detailed nursing diagnosis care plans and 65 disease/disorder care plans that are keyed to specific expected outcomes and interventions. This book also includes the popular Online Care Planner that allows you to edit and print standardized nursing diagnosis care plans.
- Offers the most in-depth care plans of any planning book, fostering critical thinking and promoting effective clinical decision-making.
- 33 separate nursing diagnosis care plans provide detailed interventions with rationales and documentation guidelines for the most common nursing diagnoses.
- 65 comprehensive care plans serve as a complete reference for the most common disorders in acute care, extended care, and home care settings.
- Body system organization makes content easy to locate.
- Nursing/collaborative diagnoses are linked to actions and rationales.
- Specific points for discharge teaching serve as guidelines for planning client education.
- A complete discussion of caring for older adult clients and changes that occur with aging helps you understand the unique considerations of caring for this population group.
- A new care plan format focuses on prioritized nursing interventions, interventions that can be delegated, and documentation criteria, as well as differentiating between independent and collaborative nursing actions.
- Features 8 new nursing diagnosis care plans on topics such as comfort, confusion, contamination, decision-making, falls/injury, unstable glucose level, risk-prone health behavior, and self-care.
- Includes 9 new disease/disorder care plans for Abdominal Trauma, Alzheimer’s Disease, Asthma, Enteral Nutrition, Intravenous Conscious Sedation, Internal Radiation Therapy (Brachytherapy), Mechanical Ventilation, Parkinson’s Disease, and Total Parenteral Nutrition.
- Evidence-based practice content presents the latest research findings and standards of care.
- Updated NANDA nursing diagnoses, NIC interventions, and NOC outcomes reflect the latest nursing taxonomies.
- An open, user-friendly design makes it easy to quickly locate essential information.
- The companion Evolve website features 71 new narrated 3D pathophysiology animations that correspond to disorders content in the text.
- PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND CLINICAL JUDGMENT IN CLIENT MANAGEMENT
- SELECTED NURSING DIAGNOSES, INTERVENTIONS, RATIONALES, AND DOCUMENTATION
- NURSING CARE OF THE CLIENT HAVING SURGERY
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN RESPIRATORY FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN CARDIOVASCULAR FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN NEUROLOGICAL FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN HEMATOLOGIC AND IMMUNE FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN METABOLIC FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN THE GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN THE LIVER, BILIARY TRACT, AND PANCREAS
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN THE KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN MUSCULOSKELETAL FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN THE BREAST AND REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
- THE CLIENT RECEIVING TREATMENT FOR NEOPLASTIC DISORDERS
- NURSING CARE OF THE ELDERLY CLIENT
- END-OF-LIFE NURSING CARE
Airway Clearance, Ineffective
Aspiration, Risk for
Breathing Pattern, Ineffective
Cardiac Output, Decreased
Comfort, Readiness for Enhanced NEW!
Confusion, Acute, Risk for NEW!
Contamination/Contamination, Risk for NEW!
Decision-Making, Readiness for Enhanced NEW!
Falls, Risk for/Injury Risk for NEW!
Fluid Volume, Deficient
Fluid Volume, Excess
Gas Exchange, Impaired
Glucose Level, Risk for Unstable NEW!
Health Behavior, Risk-Prone NEW!
Infection, Risk for
Mobility, Impaired Physical
Nutrition, Imbalanced: Less Than Body Requirements
Oral Mucous Membrane, Impaired
Self-Care, Readiness for Enhanced NEW!
Skin Integrity, Impaired, Risk for
Sleep Pattern, Disturbed
Tissue Perfusion, Ineffective
Intravenous Conscious Sedation NEW!
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Mechanical Ventilation NEW!
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
Deep Vein Thrombosis/Thromboembolism
Heart Surgery: Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) or Valve Replacement
Alzheimer’s Disease NEW!
Parkinson’s Disease NEW!
Spinal Cord Injury
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Abdominal Trauma NEW!
Bowel Diversion: Ileostomy
Enteral Nutrition NEW!
Gastric Reduction/Bariatric Surgery
Gastrointestinal (GI) Bleed, Acute
Intestinal Obstruction/Bowel Resection
Total Parenteral Nutrition NEW!
Upper Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease
Bladder Neck Suspension (Vesicourethral Suspension)
Cystectomy with Urinary Diversion
Renal Failure (Acute and Chronic)
Fractured Hip with Internal Fixation or Prosthesis Insertion
Laminectomy/Diskectomy With or Without Fusion
Total Joint Arthroplasty
Colporrhaphy (Anterior and Posterior Repair)
Hysterectomy With Salpingectomy and Oophorectomy
Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
External Radiation Therapy (Teletherapy)
Internal Radiation Therapy (Brachytherapy) NEW!
"This reference offers a two-color, two-column layout, with nursing assessments and therapeutic interventions on the left, and rationales on the right. After opening guidelines on how to manage and delegate nursing care, the book presents nursing and surgery care plans, with chapters organized by body region and body system. Each care plan identifies relevant nursing diagnoses and collaborative diagnoses. For each diagnosis, there is information on etiology, desired outcomes, and a complete list of nursing actions, potential complications, and notes on client teaching. This seventh edition contains expanded information on acute care, community, extended care, and home care settings. It has been updated to include the most recent NANDA International nursing diagnoses, outcomes classifications, and nursing interventions classifications. The companion website offers a care planner with a set of 33 nursing diagnoses and interventions, plus 70 pathophysiology animations. Haugen teaches at Samuel Merritt University. Galura is a clinical nurse educator at Florida Hospital."
- Book News, Inc.
0-323-05192-8, 978-0-323-05192-7, Ladwig & Ackley: Mosby's Guide to Nursing Diagnosis, 2e, Aug-2007
978-0-323-07172-7, Ladwig & Ackley: Mosby's Guide to Nursing Diagnosis, 3e, Mar-2010
978-0-323-07403-2, Mosby: Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions, 9e, Sep-2012
978-1-4377-0825-7, Silvestri: Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 5e, Oct-2010
978-0-323-07420-9, Swearingen: All-In-One Care Planning Resource, 3e, Jun-2011
0-323-00786-4, 978-0-323-00786-3, Ackley & Ladwig: Nursing Diagnosis Handbook, A Guide to Planning Care, 4e, Aug-1999
0-323-01459-3, 978-0-323-01459-5, Ackley & Ladwig: Nursing Diagnosis Handbook, A Guide to Planning Care, 5e, Jul-2001
0-323-02551-X, 978-0-323-02551-5, Ackley & Ladwig: Nursing Diagnosis Handbook, A Guide to Planning Care, 6e, Aug-2003
0-323-03664-3, 978-0-323-03664-1, Ackley & Ladwig: Nursing Diagnosis Handbook, A Guide to Planning Care, 7e, Jul-2005
0-323-04826-9, 978-0-323-04826-2, Ackley & Ladwig: Nursing Diagnosis Handbook, An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care, 8e, Jul-2007
978-0-323-07150-5, Ackley & Ladwig: Nursing Diagnosis Handbook, An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care, 9e, Feb-2010
978-0-323-08643-1, Skidmore-Roth: Mosby’s Drug Guide for Nursing Students, 10e, Jul-2012
0-323-06537-6, 978-0-323-06537-5, Gulanick & Myers: Nursing Care Plans, Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes, 7e, Nov-2010
978-0-323-07254-0, Monahan, Neighbors & Green: Manual of Medical-Surgical Nursing, A Care Planning Resource, 7e, Sep-2010
0-323-04416-6, 978-0-323-04416-5, Swearingen: All-in-One Care Planning Resource, Medical-Surgical, Pediatric, Maternity, and Psychiatric Nursing Care Plans, 2e, Oct-2007