Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease Edition 9
- EUR: €93.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
"...perfect not only for thoroughly understanding the basis of pathology, but also for looking up specific conditions." (Medical Student Review)
Dependable, current, and complete, Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th Edition is the perennially best-selling text that you’ll use long after your medical student days are behind you. A world-class author team headed by Drs. Vinay Kumar, Abul Abbas, and Jon Aster, delivers the latest, most essential pathology knowledge in a readable, interesting manner, ensuring optimal understanding of the latest basic science and clinical content. High-quality photographs and full-color illustrations highlight new information in molecular biology, disease classifications, new drugs and drug therapies, and much more.
- Rely on uniquely authoritative and readable coverage, ideal for USMLE or specialty board preparation, as well as for course work.
- Simplify your study with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.
- Stay up to date with the latest information in molecular and genetic testing and mechanisms of disease.
- Consult new Targeted Therapy boxes online that discuss drug therapy for specific diseases.
- Gain a new perspective in key areas thanks to contributions from new authors at the top of their fields.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. Further your understanding with access to a wealth of interactive ancillaries on the Student Consult site, including pathology case studies and videos and self-assessment questions.
1. Cellular Responses to Stress and Toxic Insults: Adaptation, Injury, and Death
2. Acute and Chronic Inflammation
3. Tissue Renewal, Repair, and Regeneration
4. Hemodynamic Disorders, Thromboembolic Disease, and Shock
5. Genetic Disorders
6. Diseases of the Immune System
8. Infectious Diseases
9. Environmental and Nutritional Diseases
10. Diseases of Infancy and Childhood
Systemic Pathology: Diseases of Organ Systems
11. Blood Vessels
12. The Heart
13. Diseases of White Blood Cells, Lymph Nodes, Spleen, and Thymus
14. Red Blood Cell and Bleeding Disorders
15. The Lung
16. Head and Neck
17. The Gastrointestinal Tract
18. Liver and Biliary Tract
19. The Pancreas
20. The Kidney
21. The Lower Urinary Tract and Male Genital System
22. The Female Genital Tract
23. The Breast
24. The Endocrine System
25. The Skin
26. Bones, Joints, and Soft Tissue Tumors
27. Peripheral Nerve and Skeletal Muscle
28. The Central Nervous System
29. The Eye
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards: Highly Commended in Pathology
"This book is even shorter than before. That is really impressive. I cannot but admire this book, which I keep re-reading since I entered Pathology in 1966. Wow, it shows that even a first class book can be improved – hard to believe but true. It is very readable and even funny in some places. The text is nicely laid out and the book looks less bulky than the previous edition. The illustrations are excellent. Even though the book is definitely for the new generations, I am sure that it will be welcomed by senior pathologists trying to keep up with the times – I doubt that I am the only old timer eager to re-read it." ~Ivan Damjanov, MD, PhD, author of Pathology Secrets and Pathophysiology
They point out that for this edition, they have “gone one step further.¿ They have added a chapter entitled The Cell as a Unit of Health and Disease at the very beginning of the book. The study of the cell – including its functions, and the changes to it at anytime – is critical to understanding any particular disease in a patient. All diseases originate in the cell. The materials presented in each chapter are superbly organized. Each chapter begins by presenting, at the top just below its title, the main topics and subtopics covered in it. Discussions of the topics and subtopics follow, with numerous full-color illustrations and detailed captions. At the end of each chapter, more information is available to you in the Suggested Readings section. This is one of the most comprehensive textbooks on one of the most basic and core disciplines in medicine: pathology. With nine editions so far, this book provides a lot of current pathologic developments. It also presents updated information in molecular biology, disease classifications, new drugs and drug therapies, just to name a few important areas for physicians.
This book is also a bestseller among medical and allied professionals, as evidenced from its very high rank on Amazon. I would say that every physician should have this book in his or her medical library, particularly because of the online resources available to purchasers of this book. ~Nano Khilnani