Student Laboratory Manual for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, Canadian Edition Edition 3
- EUR: €45.99
This title is not available in digital format
The print book is not currently available.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Reinforce your understanding of essential examination and assessment skills! As both a comprehensive lab manual and a practical workbook the Laboratory Manual for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 3rd Canadian Edition provides you with activities and resources to enhance hands-on learning. It features reading assignments corresponding to the text, terminology reviews, application activities, review questions, clinical learning objectives, regional write-up sheets, and narrative summary forms. In addition, this new version includes content on the Electronic Health Record to help you document your findings along with evidence-informed practice materials to further improve upon skills.
- Anatomy labelling exercises reinforces the identification of key anatomy and physiology.
- Reading assignments correspond to the text chapters to foster integration of the text and laboratory manual.
- A glossary promotes learning and understanding of essential terminology.
- Study guide activities reinforce the learning of key assessment information.
- Review questions—short answer, matching, multiple choice—provide learning activities in a variety of approaches.
- Clinical-learning objectives focus your study efforts on outcomes.
- Audio-visual assignments tie the visual video demonstrations of specific examination procedures to practical applications in the skills lab.
- Regional Write-up Sheets allow you to assess knowledge with forms used in the skills lab or clinical setting.
- Narrative Summary Forms reflect charting format used for narrative accounts of the history and physical examination findings.
- NEW! Coverage of the Electronic Health Record, charting, and narrative recording gives you examples of how to document assessment findings.
1. Critical Thinking and Evidence-Informed Assessment
2. Health Promotion in the Context of Health Assessment
3. Cultural and Social Considerations in Health Assessment
4. The Interview
5. The Complete Health History
6. Mental Health Assessment
7. Substance Use and Health Assessment
8. Interpersonal Violence Assessment
Unit 2: Approach to the Clinical Setting
9. Assessment Techniques and Safety in the Clinical Setting (title change)
10. General Survey, Measurements, and Vital Signs
11. Pain Assessment
12. Nutritional Assessment and Nursing Practice
Unit 3: Physical Examination
13. Skin, Hair, and Nails
14. Head, Face, and Neck, Including Regional Lymphatic System
17. Nose, Mouth, and Throat
18. Breasts and Regional Lymphatic System
19. Thorax and Lungs
20. Heart and Neck Vessels
21. Peripheral Vascular System and Lymphatic System
22. The Abdomen
23. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
24. Musculoskeletal System
25. Neurological System
26. Male Genitourinary System
27. Female Genitourinary System
Unit 4: Integration of the Health Assessment
28. The Complete Health Assessment: Putting It All Together
29. Bedside Assessment and Electronic Health Recording (title change)
31. Functional Assessment of the Older Adult