This title is not available in digital formatRequest print copy
Once approved, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
This specialized workbook has been written specifically for nursing students as a tool to assist them in the process of planning their future career. Following the Donner-Wheeler "Career Planning and Development Model", the book aims to provide students with practical advice on how to get the most from their education, and subsequently, their careers.
Students will learn how to:
- Develop a clinical learning plan
- Appropriately select courses
- Determine a foci for course assignments
- Balance extracurricular activities
- Establish a sense of control and direction over their academic career
- Develop a plan for future success
Building on the success of the previous two editions, the fully-updated Third Edition of Building Your Nursing Career will serve as a valuable aid to any nursing student, no matter if they are just entering school or are close to graduating.
Key Features• Enhanced discussion of “Visioning¿ – a fundamental step in the Donner-Wheeler Career Planning and Development Model
• Broader focus on learning styles and the importance of determining one’s own style as a part of the Self-Assessment process
• Practical advice on how to market yourself and be aware of your own projected image, including a discussion on social networking sites (Facebook, MySpace, etc.) and their new role in the hiring process
• New content on e-portfolios and electronic resumes, and the importance of utilizing them as a tool in the career planning and development process
• Updated discussion on mentors and their role in a student’s academic career
• Plenty of student examples and further resources