This title is not available in digital formatRequest print copy
Once approved, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- Case Studies highlighted in special boxes provide snapshots of real-life situations and solutions to help you apply key concepts in the clinical setting.
- Clinical trials and outcome studies emphasize evidence-based practice.
- Key Terms, Chapter Objectives, and Review Questions help you assess and evaluate what you’ve learned.
- A clean two-color format highlights learning points to emphasize important concepts.
- Additional Evolve Resources include video clips for clinical assessment, web links, references, and assessment forms found in the book provide you with additional learning tools.
1. Play and Occupational Therapy
Part II: Assessment of Play
2. The Play History Interview: A Narrative Approach
3. The Revised Knox Preschool Play Scale
4. The Test of Playfulness (ToP)
5. Assessment of Play and Leisure in Adolescents
6. Family Narratives and Play Assessment
Part III: Play as a Means for Enhancing Development and Skill Acquisition
7. The Power of Object Play for Infants and Toddlers
8. Play to Support Development of Institutionalized Toddlers
9. Play and Sensory Integration in Early Childhood
10. Play in Middle Childhood
11. Play in School-Based Occupational Therapy
Part IV: Play as a Goal of Intervention
12. Integrating Children with Disabilities into Family Play
13. Fostering Parent-Infant Playfulness in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
14. Play for Children with Autism: Structure and Experience
15. Doing With—Not Doing To: Play and the Child with Cerebral Palsy
16. Accessing Play Through Assistive Technology
17. Play and Assistive Technology in an Early Intervention Program
18. Storytelling, Storymaking, and Fantasy Play
0-323-05341-6, 978-0-323-05341-9, Bowyer & Cahill: Pediatric Occupational Therapy Handbook, A Guide to Diagnoses and Evidence-Based Interventions, Aug-2008
0-323-02873-X, 978-0-323-02873-8, Case-Smith: Occupational Therapy for Children, 5e, Dec-2004
0-323-03186-2, 978-0-323-03186-8, Henderson & Pehoski: Hand Function in the Child, Foundations for Remediation, 2e, Sep-2005
0-323-03153-6, 978-0-323-03153-0, Pendleton & Schultz-Krohn: Pedretti's Occupational Therapy, Practice Skills for Physical Dysfunction, 6e, Jun-2006
0-323-03183-8, 978-0-323-03183-7, Solomon & O'Brien: Pediatric Skills for Occupational Therapy Assistants, 2e, Oct-2005
0-323-02772-5, 978-0-323-02772-4, Orloff: Learning Re-Enabled, A Practical Guide to Helping Children with Learning Disabilities, 2e, Apr-2004